Terrence

16

I parked the car in the space before getting out. I lead Mia to the swings that had a view of the city. The closest park had a metal fence surrounding it on the back side due to how the park was on this hilly mountain area where it looked over the town. The town thought having a park on a hill where kids could go tumbling down would be a great idea if the fence was here.

Stupids.Though, with the swings set in the right spot it was a great view that I liked sharing with Mia. I noticed she would stare at me then look away when I would look at her. "Hey Mi?"

"Yeah?"

"Want to play 20 questions?"

"Sure, you go first?"

I nodded thinking of one that wouldn't pinch at her dad, or mom, or something that would set her off into a depressed mood.

I bit my lip as I asked. "What makes you smile?"

She looked at me in shock before she looked down with a blush. "You." She whispered. I gave out a grin and then looked out at the view. " What do you do when you aren't with your friends?"

"I mostly hang out with the twins. It's just me, the twins and my mom, so yeah."

I bit my lip deciding to ask her the same question. "What do you do in your free time Mi?"

She looked at me a moment before replying staring out at the view. "My mom bought a lot of movies, and a laptop. I watch them when I can, when I'm not doing chores." I nodded as she asked the next one, "What is your favorite sport?"

"Football. Watched it every Sunday and Thursday night with my dad." I could have said that with less attitude but my dad is a soft spot. "Do you have a favorite sport Mi?"

"Uh, football isn't to bad." She then eyed me cautiously. "Can I ask what is up with your dad Terrence?"

I looked over at her and then out at the view before I gave her an answer. "He left us when the twins were just a little over a year old. Apparently he was fooling around with some girl. They ran off to vegas got married. Haven't seen him since."

"Oh."

"Yeah." It was silence for a minute before I asked. "Favorite food?"

"Pizza."

"Pizza really?"

"Yeah, there is so many ways to make one. So many different techniques and such."

"I just think of it as pizza."

"Of course you do." She let out a laugh. I laughed along with her before she asked me the same thing.

"Hmmmm have to say cheeseburgers. Because you can dress them any way you want."

"I'm surprised you didn't say steak like every other kid out there."

"I'm not the stereotypical jock, Mi."

"I've learned that." She said peering over at me.

"Okay next question." I said. "If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?"

"New York."

"Why?"

"I want to go to NYU, even though those chances are slim. My mom went to NYU and she became this amazing cook. I want to be a cook, but have my own small restaurant. One that is only open from Thursday night to Sunday lunch. Then I'd have Sunday night to Thursday lunch off before I open the restaurant again. Plus New York is so diverse. Imagine the people we could meet there."