Mia

31

After cheer practice, learning 2 new routines for the halftime show Saturday and one for the pep rally Friday, us four girls, Marissa, Hannah, Amanda and I all sat on the bleachers watching the guys practice. I wanted to go cuddle inside in the library where it is warm, but then I caught sight of Terrence. He is looking pretty snazzy.

After Terrence finished his thing, he went to get some water and met my eyes. We both let out a blush and Marissa poked me. "How are you and Terrence doing?"

"Good." I blushed and wrapped my arms around my body more. They all 'ooh-ed' and I shook my head.

Practice seemed to be over 10 minutes later, because Terrence started running up the bleachers and stopped in front of me and poked my cheek softly. "Hey, I'm going ot change and then I'll meet you by my car and we'll head out to get your clothes yeah?" I nodded and he smiled breightly kissing my forehead before running down the steps.

"You guys are so something something." Hannah stated with a wink.

"No he is just helping me get my clothes from my house."

"What do you mean by that?"Amanda asked for all three of them.

"Well, have you heard of the man that was an officer who got arrested?"

"Yeah he abused his child right? Physically and sexually?" Marissa asked.

"Yeah. He was my dad. So I'm living with Terrence until the school year is over. We have to go get my clothes today, seeing as I have none at his house."

"Oh wow." Marissa sated with wide eyes.

"He did that to you Mia?" I shrugged at Hannah and made my way to Terrence's jeep.

"Yeah, he killed my mom also. I was the witness. Nobody bothered to question me though. I was four and holding a bloody teddy bear screaming for my mom."

"Oh my, Mia." Amanda said pulling me in for a hug from behind.

I met Ter at his car, him talking to the guys and he smiled upon seeing me. "Hey Mi."

"Hi." I said and allowed him to hug me.

"Are you ready?" He asked me. I nodded and we both bid our goodbyes and left for my old house.

When we got there I let Terrence walk in first and watched as his eyes scanned the first floor and the mess that it comes with. He then looked at me and kissed me softly, before I led him up the stairs to my room.

I was glad he never decided to do anything in my room, but my clothes housed all the things he has done. I have many that are blood stained, and only a handful of them that are perfect. I have 3 pairs of jeans and minimal amount of underwear. I have one bra- that I'm wearing and have been since I was 15. I really need more clothes.

Terrence hugged me from behind and held me close to him his chin resting on my shoulder. "Do you need more clothes Mi?"

"Yeah...but- " I said sitting on my bed. I pulled out the slip of paper Lisa gave me with my uncles information on it. "Maybe my uncle would like to help. He is my moms brother- I believe."

"Why don't we call him up and see if he is free tonight. We can go meet him and see what he is thinking and such, you know."

"I know. I just don't want to ask for money. My mom stored some. I think I have under 3 grand left."

"Save that Mia. You're mom wouldn't want that spended on clothes and stuff. For college."

"I know, I just don't feel right asking the mysterious uncle for money."

"He's not mysterious if you call and ask to see him."

I bit my lip and pulled Terrence down next to me. After a few moments I agreed. "Okay, let's go meet this uncle of mine."