Chapter 31

The Lincoln car attracted all the eyes around.

Ji Weiyan looked at his son who he hadn't seen for a long time, and asked softly, "Are you going to get in the car? Or should I come down and walk with you?"

Ji Rang stared at him sarcastically, without speaking or rejecting.

Ji Weiyan was too familiar with this look. Over the past few years, he had looked at him and the Ji family in this way, and then went further away from them.

He smiled bitterly and said in a low voice: "I just came to see you and to say a few words to you. Yesterday I went to find you where you live, and you were not there."

The traffic lights turned green and the traffic continued moving. Ji Rang crossed the road and saw Qi Ying carrying a schoolbag, walking across the road with the first ranker from another school.

He leaned over and got into the car.

Ji Weiyan breathed a sigh of relief, and told the driver: "Let's drive."

Students outside the car secretly discussed:

——The big guy is indeed a big guy, this car is awesome.

——So this is the reason why the big guys can continue to stay in Haiyi even when he takes part in so many fights.

——Ah, this era of rich dads.

Inside the car, a faint scent of rosin lingered in the air. Ji Rang was leaning on the cushions and looking out the window. The cold air around him seemed to have caused the temperature to drop by several degrees.

Ji Weiyan looked at him with a complex expression, and couldn't say what he wanted to say.

He was never a father who was good at communication.

For a long time, he could only ask about the basics of food, clothing, housing and transportation from him: "Is there anything lacking where you live?"

Ji Rang ignored him.

He also didn't care and continued: "You are getting busy with your studies now. I'll find a nanny to cook for you. Can she clean up your room?"

Ji Rang still didn't respond.

Ji Weiyan sighed slightly: "I heard Qianqian say that you secretly went to the hospital to see your grandfather, didn't you? Grandpa has been discharged from the hospital and is now recuperating at home. If you have time, you can go back and have a look."

Ji Rang finally moved, and looked back at him sarcastically, his tone indifferent: "You don't need to care about my business."

Ji Weiyan frowned.

He was wrong. Hearing Xue Manqing's words, he thought that Ji Rang was aware of his past absurdities, had already begun to change, and would gradually grow up, mature, and understand many things. But now when he saw him, he found that he was colder than before, and the thorns all over his body hurt even more.

His low-pitched concern didn't get a trace of understanding from him.

Ji Weiyan also became silent.

No one in the car spoke, as if even heavy breathing was an interference of the environment. The driver didn't know where to go and didn't dare to ask questions at will, so he could only drive around the road.

Going around and around, he didn't know how to reach the location where Ji Rang lives.

He said coldly: "Stop."

The driver glanced at the boss through the rearview mirror and saw that he didn't respond. He deemed it as tacit approval and pulled the car over.

Ji Rang had to get out of the car while carrying his schoolbag. Ji Weiyan opened his mouth to express his last concern: "Is the pocket money enough? Is the tuition expensive? I'll talk to you later."