Chapter 47

There were fewer people on the street than usual, and many shops were closed, but the atmosphere of the New Year was still apparent.

A few children were bursting firecrackers at the entrance of the alley, and they suddenly threw them at Qi Ying's feet. Before she could react, Ji Ran kicked the firecracker away and covered her ears with both hands.

She heard Ji Rang tell the children: "You want to be beaten, don't you? Throw another one to try?"

She felt so funny.

This person is also familiar with how to deal with children.

He was already fierce enough that the adults were afraid of him, so obviously the group of children quickly ran away.

He took her outside the community, patted the snowflakes off her hat, and smiled and said, "Go back."

Qi Ying looked at him holding his schoolbag, always feeling that the teenager was pretending to be relaxed. The man they met just now had a look similar to him. She guessed it was his father.

She had never known before that the conflict between him and his family had reached such a serious level.

Hearing what his father said just now, it seems that he has not been home for the New Year for a long time.

Is he always alone?

Qi Ying typed and asked him: Who will celebrate the New Year with you tomorrow?

Ji Rang laughed: "The people waiting to celebrate New Year with me are in a ten-meter long queue, don't worry about it." He patted the back of her head, "The snow is getting bigger, go back soon. I have to rush or the supermarket will close. I have to go buy some new year goods."

It's getting late, and today should be the last day the supermarket opens. Qi Ying was worried that he will miss the time, nodded, waved at him obediently, turned and walked in.

After walking a few steps, she heard him calling from behind: "Yingying."

She turned around.

The boy put his hands in his pockets, stood loosely, and laughed deeply: "Happy New Year."

She also laughed.

When she got home, Wu Yinghua was mixing noodles and making preparations for the dumplings which were to be made tomorrow. Yu Cheng was repairing the lantern that were blown out by the wind a few days ago, and Yu Zhuo lay on the sofa to play games.

The TV at home was on, noisy, lively and warm.

Wu Yinghua asked her: "Ying, would you not go to the library tomorrow? We are going to Wenhua Temple in the morning to worship our ancestors."

She nodded, washed her hands and went to the kitchen to help.

The family went to bed early that night, and Yu Cheng drove them to Wenhua Temple the next morning. The ancestors of the Yu family had set up memorial tablets in Wenhua Temple, and they came here every year to worship their ancestors. Now it has gradually become a habit.

After Qi Ying's parents passed away, Yu Cheng also set up a memorial tablet for them in the temple. They burned the joss paper, lit incense, and the lamp. It was already in the afternoon when they returned home after the worship.

Then they began to prepare New Year's Eve dinner.

Yu Zhuo was so bored that he bought a firecracker and put it on the balcony, almost scaring his mother to death. Wu Yinghua chased him at home with a rolling pin, and Yu Zhuo hid behind Qi Ying.

Yu Cheng bought Coke and added ginger to boil in it, saying that drinking it like this is good for his health. As soon as it darkened, the sumptuous New Year's Eve dinner was on the table.