Chapter 61

Ji Rang looked pale when he saw the little girl sobbing almost to death in his arms.

It turned out that she was not completely reconciled.

She was not as optimistic as she seemed.

It turned out that she was not proud of her father, just like him.

He had been extremely worried that when she learned the truth and got to know the reason behind all his rebellious behavior, she would run away from him. As Fang Xu said, she was proud of her father, and he was ashamed of his.

It turned out not to be so.

But at this moment, he peeped into her true heart and knew that she was like him, but he was not very happy about it.

She cried so much that he was going crazy. If someone told him to give up his life, so she wouldn't be this uncomfortable, he would definitely hand it over without hesitation.

The little girl touched his chin with her forehead, and when she raised her head, tears touched his face. She tugged at the corner of his clothes tightly with her fingers, like pulling some life-saving straw, and tremblingly asked him, "I shouldn't blame him, right?"

The long-held belief in her eyes was thin and fragile.

On this rainy day, it could be broken easily.

But when she asked this sentence, it sounded clear and hopeful. It was like hoping that someone will stand up and stitch her beliefs together again.

Ji Rang knew that he shouldn't lie.

How could she not blame him?

This resentment has been in his heart for more than ten years, and it had taken root and sprouted thorns, which had become an obsession that hurt when he touched it.

But he couldn't let the little girl be like him.

She loved the world and should be treated tenderly by the world. She is pure and soft, with a flawless heart, and cannot fall into the abyss of resentment and pain like him.

Ji Rang lowered his head and kissed her wet eyes, his voice deep: "Yes, he is a hero."

He is a hero.

We cannot be proud of them, but this does not prevent them from being heroes.

Ji Rang suddenly remembered that day when his grandfather sternly said to him who was crying and sobbing: "He is a soldier first! Your father second! And his wife's husband last! Soldiers should do what a soldier should do! That is his mission!"

He had been unable to understand, and he resented it to this day.

But remembering the photo of the man in police uniform on the tombstone, he suddenly realized something while he looked at the little girl in his arms who finally stopped her tears because of his words.

Being a soldier or a policeman meant sacrifice.

There were always people in this world who were not so selfish.

The rain outside the window finally stopped.

Qi Ying hugged his neck softly. After the tears were dry, her eyes looked red and watery, which made people feel distressed.

Ji Rang stood up holding her, then went to the bathroom to wet the towel, and came to wipe her face. Her skin was so white and tender, that even with very light strength, she still blushed after he had finished wiping her face.

She cried like this in front of him for the first time, so she felt a little bit embarrassed, and she didn't dare to look at him and kept her eyes down.