Read it outloud

Iris POV:

Another week has gone by, and I spent that whole time building up the courage to ask Lilith on another date. Tonight was the night I was going to ask her on another date.

"Deep breaths, Iris." I told myself.

I breathed in through my nose, held it for a few seconds, and then exhaled the air out of my mouth. I repeated the action, finally calming my nerves. She had the effect of making me nervous when asking her things as simple as "Do you want to go on a date with me?" Even without seeing her, being in the same room as her or talking to her. It was the thought of her.

I know we made it official that we were dating last week, so that should make it easier, right? Wrong. I'm new to relationships, let alone dates.

But my phone was starting to ring, indicating she was back from taking a shower. I starred at my phone, letting it ring a little longer before picking up so it wouldn't go to voicemail.

"Hi!" I started off.

"This is Iris. Who's calling?" I joked a bit.

We were face timing, so of course I could see the roll of her eyes.

"It is I, Lilith, Iris's future girlfriend." She answered.

"Future girlfriend, huh?" I asked.

"Why, of course, darling." She responded.

I smiled at the name she called me.

"What are you thinking about." Lilith asked while looking into the camera.

"Nothing." I responded, feeling a little shy about asking her on another date.

"I don't accept that answer." She said back.

"Fine. I..." I trailed off, whispering so the microphone on my phone wouldn't pick it up.

"I'm sorry, I don't think I heard you. Repeat, please, and thank you." She laid on her stomach, with her head resting on her palms and elbows holding her hands up before flashing me a big grin.

"I... stop being cute for a minute so I can concentrate." I said, looking at her in awe.

"I can't ever stop." She responded with a wide toothy grin.

Now it was me rolling my eyes and trying to hide the smile creeping on my face.

"Okay..." I paused for a few seconds.

"Will you go on another date with me?" I questioned nervously, which made me talk faster.

"I'm going to need you to repeat that." She said, acting like she couldn't hear me.

"Would you like to go on another date with me?" I questioned again, a little less nervously.

"Sorry, one more time?" She responded, pointing her ear towards the screen.

"Would you like to go on another date with me, Lilith!?" I said louder, no nervousness in my system.

"Oh, I heard you the first time." She answered, making me smile and laugh.

"Yeah, whatever." I replied.

"Hey Iris..." She started talking again after a moment or two.

"Hmm?' I responded.

"No." She answered, and my expression dropped.

"Okay..." I answered quickly after hearing the first word.

What was I supposed to say.

"You didn't let me finish." She started.

"No, I would not like to go on a date with you." She continued.