Spring Break

LordRedsontlborn and Su_Akemi requested a non-binary oneshot.

Y/N Element: any
Y/N Pronouns: they/them

Y/N POV:

It was the night before spring break, and I was sitting in my dorm living room with my roommates Lake, Ghibli, and Rose. We are all students at an arts college. Rose and I had been close friends through all of high school, so we decided to go to the same college. 

When we had first moved in to campus, we met our two roommates: Lake and Ghibli, romantic partners from Elemental City. Lake is non-binary, like me, and I was so happy to finally meet someone like me. Their girlfriend Ghibli was really sweet too. Obviously, I made it known to both of them that I was gay, so they didn't have to worry about anything happening. 

Anyways, the four of us sat on our chairs and talked. Then Lake asked the group "What are you guys doing for spring break? Other than you of course, Ghibli."

Ghibli giggled, and she explained how her and Lake were going to Elemental City together to be with Lake's family. 

Rose replied, "Oh, I'm going back to my home country to be with my family. I haven't seem then since last summer!"

Everyone looked at me, "What are you doing, Y/N?"

I looked down shyly. "I didn't have anything planned. I was going to stay on campus because going to my home country is too expensive."

Rose gave me a look of sympathy and Lake and Ghibli looked at each other, and then nodded. Then Lake turned to me.

"So, Ghibli and I were thinking, what if you came with us to Element City this break? It's great inspiration, and you'd get to meet my family!"

My eyes widened. "Oh, no I couldn't. Wouldn't your family care?"

They shook their head. "No! They love new visitors! Aaaaand, I have a single brother who's a little older than youuuuuuuuuuu."

They nudged me and I laughed nervously. "Lake...."

All of them laughed and then calmed down. Ghibli spoke up. "So, Y/N, is it a deal?"