Chapter 2: Raving

If these wings could fly

Oh lights go down

In the moment we're lost and found

I just wanna be by your side

If these wings could fly

A week after my last conversation with Boyd, Isaac appears out of nowhere in Mr. Harris's class. He looks and acts differently.

There is a special lab going on, and people are changing partners. I notice weird tension between Scott, Erica, Allison, Stiles, and Isaac, so I purposely avoid their respective tables.

Mainly, I avoid Isaac.

When I go to Danny's table, I plead with him not to share any more of my hidden spots with Isaac. Danny agrees but begs me not to become a full-on wallflower again because he noticed I was being more open. He says he wants to introduce me to a junior who could probably help me with my DJ career.

That's why I love Danny, sometimes I think he believes in my future more than me.

Later that same day, I was by my locker and noticed Isaac and Erica walking together, looking like a power couple.

I don't know why I feel so insecure. Probably because this new version of Isaac looks three times hotter than the sweet guy I was falling for, plus I am not into bad guys.

I hid in the music room, and without thinking, I started playing You are my sunshine. But while I played, I could only see images of the old Isaac smiling shyly, our kisses, and how well I felt in his arms.

Suddenly when I open my eyes, Isaac is standing by the door, and for a moment, I can see his old face.

I give him a little smile, and it looks like he is coming towards me, but then he leaves.

++++ Marco ++++

A few weeks have passed, and I continue avoiding Isaac in school.

On top of that, I am convinced that Boyd joined whatever weird cult Derek has going on because he is now hanging with Erica and Isaac.

Today before heading out of school, Danny introduced me to Marco Souza, the junior he mentioned before.

Marco, by the way, is super-hot and offers me to join a DJ gig he has this Friday at a rave. This is a way to start building my resume in the business, so I am excited.

The only issue now is how I manage to do this and handle my anxiety at the same time.

Danny, who I think I will have to hire as my manager, says he has an idea to create an alternative persona for me, so people won't recognize me.

+++ Rave +++

We raided Jessi's closet, and Danny suggested that since I never wear sexy outfits, I tried that for a change. We ended up with a tight black crop top with skinny ripped black jeans, combat boots, black wings Danny had from last year's Halloween party, and glasses. He makes me use red lipstick.

I look at myself in the mirror and don't even recognize myself. It feels so weird. 

I am nervous about tonight. What about if I suck, and people hate my music? Here come my intrusive thoughts again.