Chapter 11: Home

We moved here just over a month ago. Surprisingly, getting used to a new city and living together has been smoother than expected. 

Isaac found a job as a bartender a couple of blocks from the apartment. He is applying to get into the same school where I am studying. Hopefully, he will be a full-time student by next semester. In the meantime, we have organized our schedules and see each other as much as possible. 

I am fully focused on my studies but offer private violin classes to a few kids from affluent families, which has helped with the budget.

The guys in Beacon Hills have been in contact with us. In fact, they even FaceTimed us during Senior Scribe night at the school and showed us that they added our initials. I had asked them to please include the initials of Boyd, Erika, and Aiden. They have had a very intense month dealing with new supernatural creatures called chimeras, the fishy return of an old student named Theo, and the fact that Lydia has been admitted into Eichen's house. Scott has been overwhelmed, and I almost expected Isaac to say he was returning to help, but he didn't.

"Are you sure you are OK staying here?"

"Love, you are my pack. Right now, what we are building here is my priority. I am sorry to hear everything going on there, but Beacon Hills is not my home anymore. I talk to Scott and Stiles and share my ideas; it is the best I can do here." 

With that, Isaac just hugged me and made me feel secure.

I must admit that I am surprised at how maturely and committed Isaac has been acting. My health, well, my lungs, were not 100%, but he was on top of me, making sure I was taking the medication. My sunshine also ensured I was not overdoing it with work, school, and exercises. He has been a perfect partner and extremely patient.

Time has flown so fast, and at the same time, it feels like some of the things we lived in Beacon Hills happened decades ago. 

I left early today to go to school while Isaac was still sleeping, recovering from a brutal long shift at the bar. I have been in school all day now. My experience here is quite different from my life at BH High School. I am not purposedly avoiding people, so I am no longer a wallflower. I am not the most outgoing person, but at least I feel more comfortable interacting with people here. They don't know my past and accept me as an equal.

And even though I am loving it here, today is a tough day. For once, I got my period, and the cramps are killing me. And if this usually gets my emotions all over the place, today is the first anniversary of Boyd's death. 

So much has happened after losing my friend, my Mr. Chocolate Milkshake, but today it all feels raw. I am emotionally drained. I walk home sad and frustrated that I can't even visit his tomb to talk with him. 

The apartment is empty, as Isaac already left for his shift. He left food ready ready, but I was not hungry. I think I am just gonna hide under the covers of my bed.

++++

Isaac's POV

I never thought I would be living with Alexandra and having such an amazing time at it. 

I knew I wanted a future with her, but I always thought it would take us longer to get to this phase. Frankly, I don't get why people keep mentioning our age. I know it might not be the typical case nowadays, but I am deeply in love with this girl, and I know I am home every minute I spend with her. 

Since my mother's passing, I never felt I belonged anywhere. Now, I am convinced I belong in Alexandra's arms. I will do anything to keep her safe and happy.