Chapter 12: That was not what I expected

Give your all to me
I'll give my all to you
You're my end and my beginning
Even when I lose, I'm winning

As Forrest Gump said, "Life is like a box of chocolate; you never know what you are going to get!" And I am convinced more actual words have never been spoken. Life has thrown a bunch of curveballs at me. In many situations, I was ready for one outcome, but then I was surprised by something I was not expecting.

Going to my grandma's dark room and finding her dead...that was not what I expected.

Having to run away from my mother because our house had become increasingly uncomfortable with so many grown men coming and going and looking at me with sinister intentions...that was not what I expected.

Becoming a homeless runaway at 14 and getting stabbed by a deranged woman in a bathroom stall at a shelter... was not what I expected.

Becoming emancipated and being welcomed into a new life along with Jessi and the kitchen crew at the diner... was not what I expected.

Meeting a guy who stole my heart but then left me behind when he became a werewolf, a freaking werewolf...that was definitely not what I expected.

Having a nervous breakdown at 17, creating a new life for me...I didn't expect that either.

Traveling to Europe was expected because it was my dream. The timing was forced and unexpected when I decided to leave Isaac behind.

Becoming best friends with a group of werewolves and bumping into Isaac in Paris... was not what I expected.

Hearing Isaac telling me we should live together and seeing this work out well even though we are young ... was definitely not what I expected.

However, that last surprise was the best thing that has happened to me in my whole life. Isaac has been incredible, and once we rekindle our intimate moments, it has been even better.

We have established a nice, balanced routine and enjoy every minute of our life in Belgium. It has already been a whole year since we moved together, and it is working pretty much without glitches. We have occasional fights, but they are usually for simple stuff. After a time of being upset at each other, we always talk it over and fix it.

By the way, makeup sex is off the chart, and I expected it based on what people keep saying.

Although I must confess, I do prefer it when Isaac takes his time and makes love to me slowly, passionately, and lovingly. It's like he is worshipping me, and it feels incredible.

A month ago, I received a call from Jessi telling me that she and Pacey were getting married and wanted me to be the maid of honor. That was definitely not what I expected when I answered the call, but I am super excited and happy for them. Those two deserve the world.

So, we are now arriving in Beacon Hills. It feels weird to be back. It has been almost two years since I left. Before heading here, we talked with Scott, who updated us on where things were with the pack. People in town have been terrified of the supernatural, and Gerard teamed up with a teacher to kill them.

Ultimately, they got rid of that threat, but Monroe, Gerard's partner, escaped, and they are trying to track her down.

I was sad to hear that Brett was killed. He helped Marco and Danny find out about the guy who was stalking me. So, I owe him that one; he didn't deserve to die so young. Why can't people coexist?

At least I am glad that Marco and his pack are working hard to have better relationships with other packs and the human communities surrounding their compound.