Chapter 5: The other half of me

'Cause I don't wanna lose you now

I'm looking right at the other half of me

The vacancy that sat in my heart

Is a space that now you hold

Show me how to fight for now

And I'll tell you, baby, it was easy

Coming back into you once I figured it out

You were right here all along

Isaac's POV

Seeing Lexi again is just what I needed to find my future. I won't give up on her, on us. She is resisting now, and I know why, but I won't lose her again. Last night, she fell asleep in my bed, and watching her sleep triggered many memories. 

I should have never let her go. I was so slow; I knew I was wasting time, but I kept thinking she would be willing to open her door. It is clear I needed to do more, but now I will.

She wants space but is willing to stay like friends, so I am not wasting this chance. I have already contacted Chris to let him know I will stay in the apartment for a few more days until I can plan my next move. I asked him for help with his hunter friends, ensuring they keep an eye on Lexi while she travels and keep her safe when I am not around. I know her werewolves-friends will protect her, but there is nothing wrong with some extra safety.

Her reaction to her nude painting was understandable, so I took a picture to have that on my phone, and now it is hiding in a closet at Chris' apartment.

Sapphire has become an ally on my quest to get closer to Lexi. The few days before they left for Geneva, Switzerland, Sapphire tried to bring me into their conversations, and Lexi didn't push back.

Phil is another story. He keeps seeing me with angry eyes and finally confesses that Lexi has been crying while she checks old photos of us together on her phone. I let him know that I was an idiot, but now I am trying to change so Lexi knows that I will never hurt her again. He might end up helping later, but at least she is not pushing me out of the circle.

Jacob, Mauro, and Louis are more welcoming, probably because they don't know the details of our relationship. They shared the plans for their travels before the meeting in Ibiza. 

Due to Eloise's pregnancy, Jacob is changing plans. They are going straight to Ibiza and will start looking at places to stay when around 30 people arrive there. Marcos stated that the DJing gig is his last before he becomes Alpha business-focused, and I overheard Lexi saying she is not even DJing anymore but will go because she wants to meet Danny and Ethan there. 

Scott mentioned in our last conversation that the Satomi pack already arrived in Beacon Hills but were attacked, like many others who have been included in a "Deadpool". I am certainly glad I am not over there.

Lexis' group is now preparing their bags to leave, so I want to tell her about my plans.

"Lexi, you told me you are not ready to discuss the possibility of us and, against what I want to do, I know I need to accept that. I am out of your life for now. But I want you to know I will do everything I can to help you grow your wings again because you are my anchor and safe place. I love you, always."

"Isaac, your words sound lovely, but your past actions showed me another reality. That reality hurt me. I was tossed aside again, and I can't handle being the one nobody wants. You keep saying you chose me even before Alison passed, but even if I believe that, you never came to me. Why? Because you had pack business, so again I was not your priority. And this is not about me trying to be self-centered; it's just stating the facts. You might care for me, but not enough to make time for me when I needed you."