EPILOGUE

And all along I believed I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me
I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

Four years later

Isaac's POV

My Ellie Angelique is my world. She has my curls and my eyes but has her mom's smile and smart-cookie personality. Everyone in the pack loves and spoils her.

The first days after she was born were traumatic and difficult. I didn't know what to do with a newborn, and my head and heart were somewhere else. Thankfully, Sophie, Maria, Ellie, and the rest of the women in the compound stepped up and took care of us when I didn't have the energy to even try.

Now, my little cherubim fills my life with laughter and love. She loves to dance with her sparkling tutus. I work from home as an art therapist, continue working on commissioned paintings, and do reasonably well financially. Right now, I am on my last break before my last appointment for the day. It is a Zoom meeting, so it is easier to manage.

I was preparing a small plate with apples and nuts for my girl when she asked me to look at our altar.

Right in between Great-grand Nana and Uncle Boyd is the picture of my angel.

"Daddy isn't mommy beautiful!"

"Indeed, Ellie!"

"Mommy loves me, right, Daddy?"

"Of course, my princess, she adores you!"

And just like that, she gives me one of her incredible, huge smiles and darts out of the balcony towards the front door...

+++

Here I am, opening the door to our apartment, and I see my little sunbeam running toward me with her open arms, followed closely by my eternal love, my sunshine.

"Mommy, mommy, pick me up! I missed you today!"

"You did, lil sunbeam? I missed you too. What about if I prepare you a bubble bath, and we play in the bathtub for a while so we can have dinner later and watch a movie!"

"Can we watch Coco?"

"Yes, I love that one!"

While carrying Ellie in my arms, I lean up to kiss my handsome guy.

"How are you, honey? How was your day?"

"It was fine; it is way better now that I have you home!" he said with his sexy smirk.

Ellie's arrival into the world was messy in many ways. Right after giving birth, my body went into shock.

Although there was never an official medical conclusion, apparently, the rapid growth of the werewolf fetus and the process of pushing the baby out pretty much destroyed my uterus, which caused a hemorrhage. As the medical team scrambled around to try to save me, my poor Isaac was in shock.

From what Sophie tells me, he was devastated and looked like a ghost wandering up and down the hall in front of the ICU. I flatlined twice, and after they were able to bring me back and stabilize me, I caught an infection that had me in and out of consciousness for a few more days.

Doctors weren't comfortable providing a prognosis and forecasting if I would actually survive this.

After three weeks, I was finally strong enough to hold Ellie in my arms and get her to breastfeed. The nurses pumped my breasts while I was out to help my body continue to produce milk. I was thankful I was able to finally have that bonding experience.