Chapter Twenty-Eight

We headed straight back to New York the next day. They insisted that we could stay for the remainder of the trip but by the time I woke up in the morning all 3 of them were pacing around the Villa taking calls.

Everything had vamped up over night. Antonio had moved past torturing girls now and he had taken out 3 of their men leaving them dead in a ditch. Again with a card addressed to me.

They kept saying Peter could handle it but I knew they needed to be in New York to deal with this. They couldn't do it whilst sunning it up in Puerto Rico and I understood that.

As soon as we got back they went into 'work mode'. I barely got to see them apart from when one of them would crawl into bed next to me each night. Mainly it would be Freddie or Alec or sometimes the both of them but never Lorenzo he'd stayed well clear of me and I knew it was on purpose. The night time was the only time i got to spend with Freddie and Alec, usually they'd be so exhausted from their day they'd fall asleep within minutes. Only once had they been awake long enough for a slight conversation and every morning they'd be gone. 

Security at the house had increased ten fold also, I knew it was meant to be reassuring but all it did was put me even more on edge. What also didn't help was they hadn't let me leave for the past 2 weeks. I'm going stir crazy sitting around whilst they're here, there and everywhere. I want to help. This is all happening because of me but yet again I'm helpless. And I'm sick of feeling that way.

"I said no" Lorenzo grunts as I follow him out of his room. I'm practically running after him whilst he casually strides, his long legs giving him an advantage.

I got up early this morning and cornered him before they all darted off as always. We've been arguing for the past 20 minutes. Well he's been telling me I can't go anywhere or help whilst I've refused to take no for an answer. He's so infuriatingly frustrating when he's like this and no matter how much I battle against him it never works.

Alec and Freddie are so much easier to talk round but apparently when it comes to me leaving the house 'they're staying out of it' and that decision is down to Lorenzo. 

Of course it is.

 Everything has come full circle, they've gone from pushing me to go out with them to making it so I'm stuck within this house like I'm on house arrest. It's like I'm being punished for what Antonio is doing.

"I'm not just going to sit here in this house" I pant as I rush down the stairs after him. I don't know whether it's his intention to humiliate me but it's definitely how I feel right now. Practically having to beg to leave the house.

"Yes you are" he snaps back as we walk into the kitchen where Alec and Freddie are sitting having breakfast.

"Will you please talk some sense into him" I say turning to them but conveniently they have their eyes locked onto their plates.

Neither of them look up or say anything there's just silence. Complete fucking silence.

"Why won't let me leave even just for a few hours let me help in some way please" I'm pleading and even I hate how pitiful my voice sounds.

"Liss come on we've had this conversation" Freddie says finally looking at me with a pleading look in his eyes. He wants me to drop it but I won't, I've begged pretty much everyday and this is always the response I get.

"No you just shut me down that's not a conversation" I hiss back at him. 

Lorenzo comes to move me away from one of the kitchen cupboards, shifting to me to one side to open it he says "It's not safe end of"