Chapter Thirty-Eight

Alissandra's (POV)

Freddie got up pretty early and left me to sleep for a little longer which I was grateful for, especially as the last couple of weeks had been beyond exhausting. It wasn't just the worrying about Freddie though but anytime he's asleep I've wanted to be as close to Alec and Lorenzo as I could. I don't know if it's because of Freddie being shot but it was like i just couldn't get enough of them. I guess I'd kind of become clingy, not that they've been complaining about it at all but there was no doubt the extra few hours of sleep were more than welcome. Especially considering me and Freddie stayed up for hours, his reason being that he'd significantly missed out and it was only fair he could make up for lost time.

Once I finally feel like I've had enough sleep I head into Alec's room. One because he has the best shower and two he makes an extra effort to have it fully stocked with everything I could ever need. My favourite body washes and exfoliants, numerous products for my hair, body lotions and all the skin care products I've could ever need. Each time I shower in there I can't help but chuckle to myself wondering if he goes to the store himself and picks each one out, it's never something I've asked him about but this time I make a mental note to actually ask.

Once I'm buffed and polished within an inch of my life I head into my own room to pick an outfit and then head downstairs. As soon as I reach the bottom of the stairs I can hear numerous voices all in the midst of talking and laughing. The tell tell sign that some of the men that work for the guys are here. It's a sound I've come to really enjoy over the past two weeks. There's been a significant shift in how things operate around here now and it's a shift that I've wholeheartedly welcomed.

Instead of heading to the warehouse constantly often Peter and some of the other guys will come here to discuss things. Often around meal times when they know I'm cooking which I find highly amusing but I like how it is now it feels more like a family than anything, now they're not trying to keep me in the dark about things the guys come and go freely.

Alec, Freddie, Lorenzo, Peter and Todd are all gathered in the kitchen discussing something I don't quite catch.

"Morning everyone" I say cheerfully to make my presence known.

"Isn't it the afternoon?" Todd asks looking down at his watch. I stick my middle finger up at him and make my way towards Alec.

I quickly kiss him on the cheek and then go over to Lorenzo who pulls me into his arms and buries his head in my hair inhaling. "Hmm you smell good" he mumbles quietly and kisses my neck.

"So do you all like fuck each other or like is she the only one you fuck?" Todd chimes in literally making my jaw drop.

Peter slaps him across the back of the head. "Think before you speak kid how many fucking times"

"What? It's a valid question" he replies seemingly confused as to why Lorenzo looks like he wants to throw him across the kitchen. I like Todd he's probably my favourite out of all the guys that work for them, he's Peter's nephew. He unfortunately lost his mum to cancer at 14 and went off the rails for a while so Peter brought him to New York to live with him. He mainly worked at the club collecting bottles but now he's a big part of the organisation mainly because of his tech skills. He's only 18 and he has absolutely no filter saying the first thing that comes to his mind.

Deciding to move on from Todd's latest idiotic comment Lorenzo leans in to kiss my neck again and mumbles against my skin. "Do you want some breakfast?"

I reel off a list of things that I want and Lorenzo doesn't even question it he just gets to cooking, I help him out as they all continue to chat about the latest developments. Which unfortunately there aren't many in terms of Antonio but there's a hell of a lot when it comes to 'The Family' or well the 'Bianci Empire'. According to the information gathered the whole thing was practically running itself, and well running itself into the ground for months because Antonio had become so unhinged. Peter seemed to think that even with Antonio still around I could quite literally take my 'rightful place' - or so they keep calling it that - and set the plan in motion for the changes to be made without much resistance at all.