page 19

"Come on dude, you know an inkling of my life it's impossible for me to have fun, at least for long." I answered and begrudgingly paused my music knowing that this conversation would take a while. "All I'm saying is this place is a break for you." "Not really, Mellow should take notes so he can update hell."

James laughed and grabbed my backpack and handed it to me when the bell rang. "Come on child." "Just cause you're a senior doesn't mean I'm a child besides I'm older than you."

The test in the next period took forever but I think I did pretty well, then I felt a severe pain in my temple ....the elders. I tapped my temple to answer the telepathy call. "What?" "Why are you whispering?!" "I'm in the middle of class, what did you expect!"

"Whatever, Alexandre is visiting you there right when night falls." "You need to tell me we're doing this detector shit in my room!?" "Yes." He said it so nonchalantly like he was talking about the weather.

I shut off the call and rubbed my forehead thankfully only a few more days till the weekend then I have only one hell to deal with. "Alexia, aren't you going to hang out?" "Sorry Mei, apparently my suitor is coming as soon as the sun goes down. I need to prepare."

"Be careful." "Relax!" I said as I walked away, pro of living close to the school, I can walk home. The walk seemingly took forever so I put on a different song. "I'm thinking 'Witched' right now."

Out of the hundreds of songs he had put out and the ones in my playlist 'Witched' was my favorite, I had seen the music video so many times I often caught myself doing the same dance he does in it.

The song kept my mind occupied until I walked past the breeder's house. A decent old man who had given me permission to check on the dogs when he was gone. I walked towards the fence and filled their metal water bowl with what was left in my water bottle.

"Sorry little guys, I'll bring food next time." I loved the two I had nicknamed Tiger and Buddy and left. One of these days I'll take them with me. I made a mental note as I restarted my music.

I did some chores when I got to my place for the time being and called the woman I call mom. "Hey I got home and did most of my homework at school so I don't have much. Talk to you when you get home."

I hung up and went straight to my room, for a typical teenager it was messy but I'm not a typical teenager. "Time to get to work." I said to myself I lit some incense cones and started to clean.