page 21

She chuckled. "Suit yourself." Thankfully since dinner came in styrofoam it didn't take long to clean up so shortly after I kissed her goodnight and went to my room to prepare for my likely new husband.

"Firanna, why do I have to dress like this?" "Because Marko, whether or not the elders recognize you as king you still are." "Remind me again why I married you." I flicked his nose. "Because your creator was long overdue for his death."

He shrugged and fixed Maria's hair. "Am I really going to have another dad?" "Hopefully not kiddo but according to Auntie Maddy you'll meet another aunt of yours." "Hard to believe you have a sister alive, much less one that's half werewolf."

I rolled my eyes. "Behave if it wasn't for Maddy we wouldn't be married, now shush I think Alexandre is here." Sure enough a statuesque figure emerged from a portal. Normally I would've met him beforehand but the elders were in a hurry for me to produce a pureblood heir.

"Firanna?" "Tis I, Alexandre?" The figure nodded and stepped into the light my fairy lights provided, the picture I was shown didn't do him justice. Dare I say he was sexier than Marko. Alexander kissed the back of my hand which made my heart flutter.

No man had ever done that before. "And who is this lovely lady?" He stood straight and smiled at my daughter. "Maria, are you the man who momma will marry?" She asked, bless her heart. I knew she was worried I wouldn't love her dad anymore if I married again.

"Don't worry sweetheart if I do end up marrying him it'll only be to shut the elders up." I comforted her. Marko shook Alexandre's hand, "Welcome." Anyone with a brain could sense the venom in those words.

I chuckled with embarrassment. "Anyone hungry?" I tried to cut the tension in the room. "Sure, who knows the last time this disgrace had something decent." That ticked me off. "Maria, go to your room. This is grown up matters, right here is one of the many reasons I had you fed earlier."

"Yes momma." As soon as she left I put my hand on Marko's chest to stop him from attacking. "First, Alexandre. I care not if you are a visitor you are still in line as a suitor for a higher up. I suggest you watch your tongue. You disrespect my mate, you disrespect me. Consider this your only warning.

I glared, trying not to kill him myself. "Apologies, for my behavior, to you and your mate." Marko growled and sat in his spot by the head of the table. While yes this is all going on in my human room thankfully I have a thing for Japanese culture and had our dining area designed as theirs is.