Rebirth 3 Meeting My So-Called Father

"Lady Violet, the Marquess asked for you."

Angie who just opened the door quickly told Violet why she was there. She was nervous and fidgety as she relayed the message to her Lady.

"Why is the Marquess looking for me?"

Violet who was not used to calling the Marquess her Father just called him Marquess just like the original.

Standing up from the pile of books, she pats the invisible dirt on her dress.

Following Angie out the door, she was curious as to why that "Father" of hers was calling her. She felt that interacting with that man is no good at all.

She does not know why but she felt that he is up to no good for calling her. Usually, they do not even cross paths with each other or talk to each other.

There was not even a coincidence that she met her Father, well, he made sure they didn't is what she thought.

She lives in the side house and the so-called "new family" of her father was living together with him in luxury in the "main house" together with his new wife and daughter.

She as an outsider was tossed aside to the side house.

Whether she lives or die is of no concern to him, she was like a pet to him, he gave her all she needed, feed her, and whatnot but still never had he acknowledged her as his daughter.

She is lucky enough that he still remembers the "pet" he is raising in the side house, she survived all this time because of that trait.

Now, calling her from out of nowhere she knew that that so-called "Father" of hers must be planning something or up to no good for calling her.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

Gently knocking on the door of the study room, Violet patiently waited for her "Father" to say that she could enter.

"Enter."

A voice of a man in his thirties sounded inside the room, his voice was neither gentle nor strong but it sounded like he means business.

Hearing her "Father's" voice for the very first time made her feel weird, even weirder is that she will finally meet him, again.

Only once did the original meet her father, that is on the day her mother died.

If not for being the so-called "main wife" title of her mother and that he must at least show that he cares for her in public, never would she have met this cold-hearted man of a "Father".

Click!

Opening the door, Violet slowly entered the room with light steps suiting a well-behaved and trained lady.

With a graceful courtesy, she looked at her "Father" with indifferent eyes.

Her eyes speak no emotion that the very moment the Marquess met her eyes he could not help but shiver being gazed down by such cold eyes of hers.

Cough!

Feeling awkward seeing her daughter, the Marquess coughed.

He really doesn't know what to say to this daughter of hers, it's been a long time already since the time he met her and he had almost forgotten that she even existed in the first place.

He would have not remembered her if not for receiving the letter from the house of Duke Moore stating that he and his wife and their son will come and meet Violet.