Chapter 17 If I Die Young... Scatter My Ashes In A Beautiful Place

Violey tearily looks at Giles, her snot almost falling.

"Brother, do you think that I will be fine?"

Standing in front of a mirror, Violet looked at her reflection in the mirror.

"Will the Emperor... kil - punish me?"

"Letty, don't worry. You'll be fine."

Giles reassured Violet for the second time that day.

Though he was not sure why the Emperor was calling for her, he was sure that she would be fine.

He once asked Vince, when he knew about him meeting Violet that very next day, why he was meeting her.

He did not answer him but he knew that he meant no harm to her.

Though Vince is a "cold-hearted" man as what the people around him often state, he knew that Vince would not be so cruel to a possible kin of his or "daughter".

Vince was also looking forward to meeting this so-called daughter of his since he was the only leftover royalty of his family after he massacred all those who betrayed and went against him.

He was really looking forward into meeting his own kin.

He never knew that he had a daughter when suddenly a letter in the handwriting of his deceased ex-lover one day came its way to the palace.

The message written in the letter is her confession to him that she had a daughter with him.

At first, he could not believe it, but it was not impossible. He did once slept with her.

The date, year, and time just exactly aligned with the day that her pregnancy with his child might be possible.

He did not entirely believe that they had a child because he now knew how scheming she was when she was alive and even in death.

Even so, even if the letter was made just to deceive him, he still decided to see if what the letter stated was true.

If the child is really his, then he will support the child and give the child the best of the best that he can offer her.

He is not that cruel to the point that he will kill his own child, he will accept the child wholeheartedly.

Even a tiger won't kill its own cub.

He himself wants to experience having a family too, even if it's just a dream that he had to wake up to.

With the birth date that she had given him, he had his people search for the "Princess Candidates".

And out of all the ladies in the entire Sun Empire, there were five ladies that they had found with the same birth date as the letter stated.

It would have been easy for them to identify who was who if only the second half of the letter was not accidentally burned when an assassin suddenly tried to kill him.

It might have described the Princess's appearance, but now no one knew who the real princess was.

All they could do now is to wait until all the "princess Candidates" come of age and they can finally do the "Ritual of Ancestry".

This ritual would determine a person's ancestors.

In short, it can determine a child's parents.

They had to wait until the "Princess Candidate" came of age because the stress that the body would undergo during the "Ritual of Ancestry" is so heavy that a normal person or a person who does not have enough mana might lose their life if they were not able to withstand the pressure.

To do the Ritual of Ancestry, one must drop their blood on an Ancestry Paper which will truthfully write the name of the child's ancestor's name.

But during the ceremony, the person who was undergoing the ritual will undergo the process of ancestry identification.

With mana as the source for the identification process to proceed, it will suck the person's mana out of the body for a whole minute and to the paper.

If one does not have enough mana, then they might get drained, mana was after all, a part of them.

It was like a life source, if all of this gets sucked, then one will be left empty.

Just like a glass of water with a small crack in it, if the water continues to flow from the crack then the water will be gone in no time, leaving an empty glass.

This is also the same when it comes to mana. If it continues to flow out of the body, it will leave the body empty.

But if such a case occurs, like mana draining from the body, there are some ways to refill mana, but it is dangerous that only a few will willingly do so.

It's the process of sharing.

Sharing mana with another person who had low mana might sound convenient but the process is dangerous.

If a person mistakenly shares their mana with another person whose mana is not compatible with them, the sharing process would fail and instead hurt the mana pool of each other because of the rebound.

That is why it is rare to see people sharing their mana with each other.

"Though he looked cold, he is a warm-hearted person. If you were to know him better, you would find out that he is a good person. Don't judge him by how he looks, his face is just like that."

Listening to what Giles told her, Violet's mouth twitched remembering those times that he had almost killed her.

During their first meeting, he almost killed her by suffocating her.

During their second meeting, he almost killed her with a dagger.

Then what?

In their third meeting, she will probably die this time!

In the first and second, maybe she got lucky.

But what about the third?

Will her luck still be by her side?

'Venice might be drop-dead handsome, but just as they say, beauty kills. I don't want to die young!'

"Letty, don't be sad."

Seeing Violet depressed, Giles does not know what to do.

He really thinks that Venice is kind, well, sometimes cold and overbearing, but all in all, he is a "kind" person.

"Brother, please... scatter my ashes for me in a beautiful place when I die."

Violet cried without tears, she really felt terrible.

If only she had been that stubborn...

If only she had not gone out that day...

If... were no longer in the choices.

'It might not be that bad, right?'

"Letty, let's go?"