Chapter 12 Meeting Death!!

".... ah, he is really scary. I believe the rumors now."

"Shush. Don't run your mouth wild, even the walls have ears. Are you that afraid that you won't get in trouble if you do not speak what is in your mind?"

'Who is the person those two are talking about?'

Under a bush, Violet, who was told to stay in her room, was actually sneaking around the palace grounds like a little ninja girl.

She could definitely imagine the terrified look and bout of scolding she would receive from Giles, he is such a henpecked mother hen.

"Don't worry, no one will hear us. Who in the upper class would come strolling around here anyway? It's just us servants here. And it's not like I am the only one talking about it, the Emperor is really scary."

The young maid, who looked like she didn't know fear, continued to talk about and blabber her mouth like she was afraid of not being heard at all.

'No one will hear... '

Violet wryly smiled as she continued to listen to the two maids' conversation.

"..... do you really want your tongue cut? If you so wish to be punished, don't pull me into it, I still have a kid I need to feed at home."

The maid, who was a little older than the other maid, was already sweating coldly. She tried her best to ignore the other maid but the young maid continued to blabber her mouth.

"Don't you really think he is scary? After all, he killed his brother after he had ascended the throne and even banished his lover to some forsaken place."

"Shush!! Don't speak about those events if you do not wish to be beheaded!! Speaking of the older prince and the Emperor's ex-lover is a great taboo. If you do not wish to get in trouble, stop being nosy and get to work!"

The older maid was as pale as paper as she reprimanded the younger maid, who knew no fear.

The younger maid might not know it because she was not there in that year, but the older maid was. That day was so horrifying that it was still ingrained deeply in her mind.

Not only that, but she had seen many people who got beheaded when the Emperor caught them talking about the older prince and his ex-lover.

It was so brutal and quick that she was unable to react.

The Emperor who heard the maid speak about his past was there and then beheaded by him personally.

Looking at the young maid beside her, she could see an illusory image of that same maid that was beheaded by the Emperor. She just wishes that they wouldn't have the same fate.

Watching the two maids walk away, Violet, who had stayed hidden all this time, finally came out of her hiding.

Dusting herself, she turned her back and was met with the greatest shock of her life.

Standing in front of her was a man of great beauty.

Hair as black as ebony, eyes as dark as night, a face that could cause any nation's downfall stood there a few meters away from her.

But the thing is, it was not the beauty that surprised her but the aura of that person.

It was screaming, bloody murder at her.

Feeling her feet going soft being stared hard at by him, as if he was about to kill her, Violet unconsciously took a step back.

Seeing her take a step back, the man's gaze hardened, if it was even possible since his eyes were as hard as metal the very moment her gaze landed on him.

Violet's soul almost escaped from her body as her instinct told her to run, that man is dangerous!!

She wanted to run away from him, hide in a place where he could not see her, but no matter what she did her body wouldn't listen to her.

'Wait. It won't really listen to me! Why can't I move my body? Is he using magic to restrict my movements?'

Thinking that she could not escape, she stopped her useless struggle. She can only look at the man with a darkened face as she awaited her fate.

"You... why do you look like her?"

After about a few minutes, the mysterious beauty finally spoke but it only confused her.

"I look like who?"

But before the question she wanted to ask was formulated into words, she could feel the oppression and the feeling of dread crawled up to her heart and into her very soul.

Violet could feel an invisible force gripping her body, it was suffocating, and she could not breathe.

Gasping for air, she tried her very best to breathe but it was as if oxygen was a luxury and it was being denied to her by the force.

"Uh..ah..."

Clawing at her neck like she was trying to get the force off her, she tried her best to stay awake and breathe though it was proving futile.

Looking at the man who was too beautiful for words, than mesmerizing, it was as if she was looking at some monster.

'Am I going to die here?'

When she thought that all hope was lost, a familiar voice of a man rang in her ears.

"Your Majesty, please spare her life. You can't kill her, she is one of the "selected" ones."

The voice of that certain savior was clear and crisp in Violet's ears though she was already blacking out.

His voice was like the sun for her amidst the darkness.

"..............."

*cough!*

*cough!*

*cough!*

Though it was about a second before she was released from that invisible force, how glad she was to still stay alive.

"Letty, are you alright?"

Giles, who was sweating cold sweats, quickly came to Violet's side to help her. He looked really worried.

"B-Brother, how glad am I to see you."

Violet was still able to joke despite the situation, she just laughed at her fear so it wouldn't consume her.

She then looked at that man.

She was shocked when their eyes met but he then quickly turned away and walk away.

'Who is he?'