Rebirth 4 Meeting My Fiancee

"Marquess BrighttHeart, we hope that we were not imposing on you today."

A man in his thirties laughed in a good way towards the Marquess, who was also laughing at the man good-naturedly.

"Duke, that is not true at all. Having you here in my humble abode is my honor. The Duke is welcome here anytime."

The Marquess laughed happily as he led the family of three to the guest hall.

Sitting down, the two old men talked with each other.

"Marquess BrightHeart, why don't I see the little lady? Where is your daughter, Violet?"

The Duchess, who had been quiet all this time, could not help but ask the Marquess for the whereabouts of her soon-to-be daughter-in-law.

She was very excited about meeting the daughter of her dearest friend.

"Violet?"

The Marquess's sweat dropped on hearing Violet's name.

He had clearly told her to arrive before lunch but the little brat was still not there.

Not her fault though, the group of three arrived way too early than the time agreed upon.

"Duchess, you know little girls nowadays, they grow up so fast. She must be dolling herself up in her room, this is, after all, the very first time that she will meet her fiancee."

"Haha... You are right, Marquess."

"Just like your little girl, our son is also looking forward to meeting her. I really wonder what your little girl looked like. I had never seen her before."

"Duke, she must be lovely. She was, after all, Lilian's daughter. She would surely take after her."

"You are right. The child would surely look like her."

Talking about the birth mother of Violet, the group seemed to have developed a heavy and awkward atmosphere.

"Uhm..."

"Ow. I apologize, Marquess BrightHeart. I did not intend to bring up such a heartbreaking topic for you."

Seeing the look in Marquess BrightHeart's face, the Duchess quickly apologized to him.

She brought out a very painful topic for the Marquess.

"It's alright, Duchess. But I do agree, my little girl really looked like her mother. Well, except for those eyes....."

The Marquess's last sentence was said in a very low voice that even he himself found it hard to hear.

Remembering that time, when his eyes caught hers, never would he believe that such cold and indifferent eyes would belong to such a child.

A child at ten at that.

Those eyes she had, looking at them, a face of a person that he both feared and revered merged with her image.

Those cold eyes of hers really looked the same to that man, it was so the same that it brought chills to his spine just thinking about it.

"Marquess, Lady Violet is here."

A woman in a maid outfit announced the arrival of Violet to the group of four.

Hearing her, the group of four looked at the door, and a pretty little lady that looked like a doll stepped in from those doors.

Hair as white as snow and eyes as bright as the sun, the petite lady dressed in blue would surely be a woman that could cause a nation's downfall in the future. Many men would surely fall to her knees to beg for her attention.