Chapter 19 Eating A Few Pounds Of Leopard Guts Spice With Courage

"Eat."

"Your Majesty, these desserts are really delicious! His Majesty really treats Letty the best!"

Beaming as wide as she could, Violet happily dug into the sweets that had been boldly presented in front of her.

".........."

The number of desserts ranging from pastries to cakes that were prepared on the table could make any person throw up because of the numerous mountains of sweets.

Eating that humongous mountain of sweets, who would be able to?

'Wah~ Sweets~'

Luckily, our villain, who was a fan of sweets and had a never-ending craving for it had a bottomless stomach that could take all of the desert in.

Than feeling that she was getting tortured, having to finish all the snacks, she felt like she was being blessed instead.

She could hear angels singing and blowing trumpets while she ate the desert.

Venice, who was sitting opposite Violet, leisurely took a sip of his tea.

Raising his gaze, he watched the little girl gobble up the dessert he asked the chef to prepare for her.

'Giles is right, little girls do like sweets.'

Watching Violet happily eat, Venice applauds the little girl in his mind for not being too stiff in front of him.

She was the only being, except for Giles, who wouldn't shiver in fear face with him.

As an Emperor who had everything under his control, floating rumors also did come to his ears.

Rumors of him being cruel and cold, killing anyone who displeases him... well, they are right.

Venice really doesn't get it, but with each passing day the interest he had in Violet kept on increasing and as his interest kept on increasing, the urge to kill her also heightened.

The excitement and fervor while thinking of sinking his blade into her body, her warm blood on his hand, he really wanted to kill her sometimes but he chose to restrain himself.

'If she dies, things might not be interesting anymore. Letting her live to amuse me makes a more better choice.'

Though killing a little defenseless innocent girl might not be in his dictionary, his blood could not help but boil thinking about killing her.

'I'll leave her alive for now.'

He's confused.

Why is it that every time they met, he wanted to kill her?

He really does not get it, the urge to kill her and wanting her warm blood to touch his skin.

Why would he want to do it anyway?

Every now and then, the thought of killing her kept on appearing in his mind, but still, he did not make a move.

Also, every time that he wanted to draw his blade there seemed to be a power, something inside him trying to stop his crazed craving for her life.

The other part of his brain keeps telling him to kill her, but the other part tells him not to.

Like two separate individuals, they are battling on to who Venice will listen to.

From these two thoughts, it is clear that the part who wanted Violet to live won time and time again, since she is still alive till now.

'Why does she really look like that woman? Is she her daughter? My daughter?'

A grudge hidden for so many years abruptly resurfaced in his head, that long-buried hatred almost consumed him to take up his sword and slash at the unknowing kid.

"Yummy!"

But seeing her happy face, Venice calmed down and his rationality once again gained control of him.

'No. I can't assume quickly. There are many people in this world that have the same appearance. Though they look like each other, it's just in appearance and it's not that same, they just look a little alike.'

Sighing deeply, he returned back into drinking his cup of tea.

'She does not have any qualities that are the same as that woman or me, they just look a little alike. Is she my daughter or not?'

On the side, Giles, who was watching this "date", almost fell asleep on his feet.

Looking at the two who had their own tiny world, Giles felt like an outsider.

Giles would have either slept or sneaked out if it were not for guarding his precious "little sister" (self-claimed).

He knew Venice, and though he looked generous and "kind" for treating Violet to some snacks, he knew that something was wrong with him just by the way his eyes changed when he looked at Violet.

Giles knew that Venice was no longer that cute kid and was now a grown-up man who can stand up to himself, a man who can think for himself.

Knowing his new self, Giles is more on guard.

He might be dumb or just for a comedy show sometimes, but when it comes to serious things and involving certain people he cares for, Giles would change entirely into a new person.

As said in the previous chapters, Giles had known Venice since young and knew his story and experiences.

Not only that, he knew that Violet looked a little alike to that ex-lover of Venice who betrayed him for another man.

Like an open book, Giles could read Venice's mind and he did not like the words that he had read.

Venice is considering if he should harm her or not.

He does not like these thoughts at all.

But Violet is not that woman, he will not let Venice harm her just because she looks like that d*mn b*tch!

She can't let anything happen to Violet!

"Your Majesty, you should try some. It's really delicious!"

Silence is one's best friend, but not all the time.

Violet was already deaf because of all the silence, she could no longer take it anymore!

Having her thoughts going haywire, Violet thought of some ridiculous and maybe a little bit of a suicidal thing.

"Your Majesty, the strawberry cake is really delicious! Your Majesty, Letty thinks that his Majesty should try this cake! Your Majesty, say ah~"

Eating a few pounds of leopard guts and inflating her courage by many folds, Violet raised her fork and skewered a whole piece of strawberry in it.

".........."

Giles, who saw this unexpected action of hers, had his eyes wide open and mouth open wide.

He could not believe it... she was rushing to her death!

'My dear Letty, from all the things you have to do, you chose to spoon-fed his Majesty?!'

Grabbing his hair in frustration and fear, he watches Venice's reaction.

Ever since Violet raised the fork towards his mouth, Venice had been quiet.

His eyes were cold like the millennium of ice as he stares at that piece of strawberry skewered on the fork like it had committed the most heinous and treacherous crime worthy of death.

"Your Majesty?"

Smiling ever so brightly, Violet did not back down a bit.

'Since you like me to eat so much, then you should try eating one yourself, specially fed by none other than me.'