Rebirth 5 Rejecting The Engagement

"Byron!"

Ashamed of her child, the Duchess could not help but raise her voice at Byron.

Even the Duke was no exception. His face was red in anger and embarrassment.

The Marquess, on the other hand, seemed to have been torn between the two sides.

He himself does not know what to do anymore.

On one hand, it was his daughter.

Though he was never a parent to her, he must still act like a good father in front of the Duke and Duchess.

On the other hand, Byron, who was the son of the Duke and Duchess.

A future pillar that he must take a side on, he can't offend him.

"Duke, Duchess...."

Marquess BrightHeart wiped the drops of sweat forming on his forehead with a handkerchief as he tried to calm the two again.

"Mother, Father, you know that I already have someone I like. I... I just can't marry her!"

Byron shouted at his parents quite childishly, his face was flushed red.

He does not want to lose out with his parents in this argument.

"Byron, you already have a fiance."

The Duke massaged his forehead, feeling a headache coming.

'Why is this son of mine so stubborn?'

Watching the fascinating show in front of her, Violet only stood at the sides quietly watching who would win.

Violet's eyes brightened with amusement and she quickly hid within, not wanting to get caught and be pulled into the argument if the little boy saw her.

Hiding her grin, she secretly cheered for the boy.

'Go on boyya. Break our engagement for all I care.'

"Son, we already talked about this. Violet, she is your fianc---"

Before Byron's mother could complete her sentence, he cut her to it.

"No! I don't want to marry her!"

"Byron!!"

Finally snapping, the Duke was about to drag his son back home when suddenly he heard a big sigh from behind.

All the attention of the four quickly got diverted to the little lady-like doll.

"V-Violet?!"

Noticing Violet, though she was the cause of their argument, the Duchess could still not help but be surprised when she saw her sitting quietly in the corner.

The Duke almost forgot about her, he was pretty much surprised to see her still there.

The little boy, on the other hand, could only glare at her in hatred as he was being grabbed by his own father by the arm.

"Violet, I apologize for my son. This must have been a traumatic experience for you."

The Duchess, who was busy scolding her son, quickly went to Violet's side to comfort her.

She really found her pitiful at that moment.

She gave her hope, but in the end, it was shattered by her own son's hands.

She really thought that she was cruel there for a second.

"Duchess Moore...."

"Call me Mother, Violet. Soon, we will be family anyway. Don't worry, the next time we meet again my son will--"