Chapter 16 See You Tomorrow

"But thinking about it, the Emperor is really handsome. I can't deny that."

Hearing her words, it was as if a plug that was preventing something from draining was suddenly pulled when he heard her words.

Venice's face was flushed red. Was it in anger or embarrassment?

Maybe it's both.

Venice, who had never heard anyone tell him that he was handsome, was struck dumb for a second before his face was once again covered with frost.

The tint of red was long gone from his face like it never existed.

He quickly approached the figure in anger there.

He remembered why he was there. It was because an intruder trespassed into the imperial library!

Approaching quietly like a predator aiming to catch its prey, a thought suddenly flashed in Venice's head which he quickly shook away.

'She is really defenseless.'

"How can such a handsome man exist?"

In surprise at the words that yet again came out of her mouth, Venice stopped behind her back in shock.

He really could not believe the taste of this child.

People call him a Demon, a terrible existence that should have been killed before he could see the sunrise.

He was an existence more terrible than the Demon itself and his physical features were the best proof of this.

Hair as black as ebony and eyes as dark as midnight, no human could ever have such an appearance in fantasia.

Humans in Fantasia have bright colored hair ranging from golden yellow, red, orange, green, etc.

'This child could really say such big words.'

"Ah!"

Watching her jump in surprise, Venice looked quite amused though his face didn't show it.

"Ghost!"

But being called a ghost, Venice's face could not help but darken.

".........."

Venice stared down at the surprised girl, his dangerous eyes met hers.

Golden eyes met with dark ones, a spark ignited in the air.

Looking at that pair of golden eyes, just right under him and so close, Venice was reminded of the sun. He could not help but be mesmerized.

When his gaze traveled down from her eyes to her lips down to her neck, he noticed that the knife that he was holding had injured her.

'Was it when she suddenly turned back?'

The fresh red blood dying on her smooth white skin was so eye-catching that his gaze lingered on it for a while because of the great contrast of the color of the blood to her skin.

Pulling the knife away from her neck, his eyes slit for a second when he saw the fresh blood trickling down from the wound.

He did not notice this anomaly or had known about it, but his eyes turned back to normal quickly like what happened a second ago was just an illusion.

"Why are you here?"

Venice glared at Violet like he was about to kill her, but that is just how he looks.

His question came out so harsh and cold that it even surprised him for a second.

It was not supposed to come out that way. But, that is his usual tone of voice.

Being normal is way out of Venice league.

"Y-Your Majesty?!"

Seeing her stutter and quickly falling to her knees, Venice somehow finds her actions irritating.

He likes it when people fear him because it shows his authority and power, and also it showed his dominance over them.

If a King is feared, his subjects won't dare go against him. Though not openly, but in the dark.

But hearing her stutter in front of him, he could not help but frown.

What he detests the most is that being feared without reason, she reminds her of those people.

Wait. Is he contradicting himself?

But upon closer observation, the look on her face was not that of fear but that of embarrassment.

'Is she not afraid of me?'

Finding it new that she did not fear him, unlike those people, ignited a spark of curiosity in his heart.

Seeing her flushed face and eyes that did not contain any hint of fear and impurity, Venice smiled in amusement.

This smile of his was, of course, seen as the smile of a Demon in Violet's eyes.

'This is interesting.'

TT.TT

'....scary!'

"Letty, where have you been all this time? I have been looking for you!"

The very moment Giles entered the door, he started shouting his lungs out at Violet, who seemed to have lost half of her life.

"B-Brother... "

Violet, who looked like a withered vegetable that was repeatedly stormed at, raised her wobbly hand towards Giles, who jumped in shock.

"Letty, what happened to you?!"

Violet, who seemed to have aged a few years, sulked in a corner as she scolded herself over and over again for being such a willful brat and a stubborn one at that.

She drew circles and grew mushrooms in the corner while lamenting her life.

"Letty, are you alright?"

Giles, who had never seen Violet this depressed, slowly walked towards her.

He tried to comfort her.

"Brother, am I going to die?"

Letty, who was being comforted by Giles, finally looked back and cried bitter tears at him.

"What do you mean, Letty?"

Giles was confused why Letty asked him such a question.

'Is someone threatening her?'

"Brother... "

Violet sniffed while she looked at Giles's teary eyed.

"Letty...?"

"I met the Emperor at the imperial library earlier..."

"What?!"

Giles, who heard the word "imperial library", almost jumped from his skin in fear, not for him but for Violet.

Though she was a "Princess candidate", she was still not an official princess.

Also, even if she is, she was not given the go sign.

"Letty, what did the Emperor do to you? What did he say? Don't worry, Big Brother will protect you. The Emperor won't punish me that hard, right?"

Even Giles was hesitant with his words. Although the two are close, he is still not confident that Violet might not get out of this unscratched.

After all, Venice is the Emperor and he is just a mere subject.

When worse comes to worse, he will just send Violet out of the palace with some money to live her life.

"What did he say, Letty?"

"He said..."

Violet looked at Giles in the eyes, she really looked afraid.

"Letty?"

"He said... see you tomorrow."