Chapter 21 I miss you

"Brother, what's wrong?"

Violet finally asked what had been on her mind.

She looks at Giles and stops him in his tracks.

Ever since getting back to her room, Violet had already noticed Giles's weird attitude toward her.

Seeing Giles like this made her uncomfortable since she was used to the Giles that was playful and would call himself her brother at almost every chance he got.

But now, he was looking at her like he was looking at a strange thing while looking at her.

This somehow hurts her.

"Violet..."

Giles finally opened his mouth after some hesitation but his mouth opened like a fish out of the water, he opened and closed his mouth, but no words came out.

"Brother, what's wrong?"

Violet asked him again for the second time.

Sigh...

Having made up his mind, Giles firmly looked at Violet.

"Violet, do you know that you did something wrong today?"

"What? What did I do wrong?"

Giles looked so serious that Violet actually felt nervous about what he was about to say to her.

Gulp.

'What did I do wrong?'

Seeing her nervous expression, Giles toned down a bit and pulled the little girl to sit on the bed while he sat on the chair beside her bed.

"Did you know that you almost got killed by the Emperor a minute ago for daring to talk about his appearance?" Giles finally said.

"Huh? Why? Is talking about a person's appearance rude here?"

Violet appeared puzzled, not knowing why she was wrong.

Seeing her reaction, Giles sighed.

It was his fault for not telling Violet about it and she would almost have lost her life there if not for the interest the emperor had shown her. He would have blamed himself if something had happened to her due to his negligence.

"Sigh... Letty, you are not wrong, but the Emperor is an exception to this. You see, the Emperor hates it when people talk about his appearance. It is a taboo here in the Empire."

Violet's confusion only deepens as Giles explains.

She could not understand why speaking about his appearance is a taboo.

It's not like she is offending or being rude to him.

Why get angry?

If a person got such a handsome appearance such as him, they would definitely want to show it off to every living being that had eyes.

Why does speaking of his appearance end her up with capital punishment?

Looking at her confused expression, Giles was also confused, since just looking at his Majesty would make one come up with an answer themselves.

But why is this kid so dumb?

"Why, Brother? His Majesty is very handsome, does he not like showing off?"

Giles was speechless at Violet's question.

"No, it's not like that Letty. It's just that, the Emperor is attractive in his own way, but you know... his eyes and hair."

Giles trailed off a little with his last sentence.

He agrees that his Majesty is indeed attractive if they just look at his appearance alone, but his attributes were another thing.

His physical appearance was something rare and meant another thing in their current society which was both feared and shunned by many.

"His hair and eyes? Do you mean being it black?"

Violet thoughtfully looked at Giles, who nodded at her.

"Is having black hair and eyes bad?"

Before Giles could answer her, a certain memory flashed in her mind.

She was momentarily surprised and her face paled.

"Letty, are you alright?"

Giles, who saw her face pale, thought that she was not feeling well and asked her if she wanted to rest first but she quickly rejected him and said she was fine.

"Brother, it's heaven's blessing that I am still alive today. I must cherish life!"

Giles, who saw her like this, could not help but shake his head helplessly.

He thought that she was really lucky.

Not only was she not punished but instead got rewarded by Venice.

He thought that he would be furious at her, but never would he have thought that not only did he not punish her but also praised her for having such good taste.

It was the first time Giles had seen Venice smile when someone praised his appearance, only Violet was able to do that.

On normal days, Giles had seen many who were punished just because of talking about the emperor's appearance.

It was only today that was different from normal days.

Venice smiled and no blood was shed.

'What's different about her? I have never seen him be this close to another person. Heck! Even a girl! Is she his daughter?'

Violet, on the other hand, who did not know what he was thinking about, was still thanking the heavens for being spared.

Violet was really happy that her words did not backfire on her.

How would she know that Venice does not like it when people talk about his appearance?

Luckily, she was blessed with immense luck and avoided this disaster that would have spelled her doom!

'Why did I forget such an important part?! I almost got killed unknowingly because of it!'

Violet cried with no tears.

'How could my life be so hard, ah?!'

On the other hand, the person who was responsible for this suffering was peacefully sleeping on a dry grass under the shade of a tree.

Venice looked really handsome and angelic with his eyes closed.

No one would have ever thought that this angelic man could kill in cold blood and was a cruel ruler if they did not experienced suffering from his hand firsthand.

Venice, who had his eyes closed, had a gentle appearance just like that of an angel.

He looked really innocent and warm.

Add on that while sleeping his lips unconsciously curved on their own.

Venice was sporting a very gentle and warm smile while muttering.

"....I miss you."