Chapter 14 Toast Black

"Your Majesty, please forgive me for being unable to report to you that I had brought one of the "Princess Candidates" into the palace."

Kneeling in front of Venice, the current Emperor of the Sun Empire was Giles Knight, the Captain of the Blood Knights and his best friend.

Looking at Giles's solemn and nervous figure, Venice could not help but remember the past.

Looking out the window, he envisioned two little boys watching the skies not caring about the world.

That time was the most wonderful days he had before he became the emperor. He was carefree without any heavy responsibilities despite the difficult days he had as a member of the royal family.

To Venice, Giles was one of the people he trusted the most and a person he can trust his back with.

He trusts Giles more than what he shows on the surface. 

You can say that the trust he had in Giles could be more than the trust that he had in himself since even he does not know what he would do when he sometimes loses control over himself.

Venice was glad that Giles is always there with him despite the things that he had done and the things that he had made Giles do for him, his friend was still there for him despite the endless bloody battle they had fought together just to secure this bloody throne.

The two of them grew up together and beside him was Giles who was always protecting him since they were both kids.

Though Venice treated him like a brother, he must not show his weakness and could only treat Giles like one of his subjects under the watchful gazes of the nobles and his enemies that were just waiting for him to show his weakness.

With his back turned at Giles, Venice secretly sighed.

His heart might be said to be made of steel enclosed with ice but there are still a few people who could come close to it, people who can light a certain flame that could thaw even just a little.

He did not have any intention of punishing Giles but still what he did was wrong.

He should have reported back to him what he did, they can't have one mistake during the selection of "Princess Candidate".

"It was an emergency, the "Princess Candidate" life was in danger so I had to bring her here to be seen by a healer. I forgot to report back to Your Majesty and when I was able to... the Candidate was already seen by Your Majesty."

Giles who had his head bowed low did not dare to stand up nor look at the Emperor, his King who he had served ever since.. he could no longer remember.

Venice and him grew up together, for him Venice was like a little brother that he never had. He was always there to protect him and serve him, never once did he leave his side.

His unwavering loyalty never changed nor did he think of betraying him, for him, Venice was the only King worthy of him to serve.

Though they were close friends and treat each other as brothers as kids, now that they had grown up and become King and subject, he can no longer call this "child" brother anymore and can only call him "Emperor" or "Your Majesty".

Giles witnessed the life of Venice, we can say that he was the living recorder who captured every bit of his life.

The hate, the love, the loss, the change, he was there to witness them all.

To all these changes, Giles remained loyal to Venice and had long sworn to be his Knight in life and in death.

Since he had witnessed Venice's life, he knew his hardships and pain the most.

The broken heart of his that was hidden pretty well in the dark, he also knew it too well.

That is why, he wanted to protect Venice until the time would come that another person, a person important to Venice, will come to protect him in his place.

When that day comes, he will then finally be able to sigh in relief.

Thinking about the past, Giles could not help but shake his head remembering those happy times when the "cruel" Venice still did not appear.

It was really such a pity, kids grow up fast these days.

"Giles, for not reporting back to me this information, you indeed deserve a punishment."

"I will accept my punishment."

"But, because it was made to save the Princess Candidate, I will not punish you."

Giles's eyes widened in shock but then thanked the Emperor.

"Thank you, Your Majesty."

"That said, don't do that again. One mistake can lead the plan that we had painstakingly planned all these past years to go to waste, don't forget that."

"I understand, Your Majesty."

"En. Rise."

"Thank you, Your Majesty."

Standing up, Giles looked at the man who was standing in front of him with a big silly grin opposite to his serious expression before.

"Your Majesty...."

"No."

Giles who was rubbing his hands together while looking at Venice like some pervert jump in surprise because of being rejected before he could tell him what he wanted to say.

"Your Majesty, I still did not say a thing."

Looking at Giles like some retarded person, Venice eyes him with the "I know what you want to ask" look.

"Heheh.... Your Majesty, is this the Legendary telekinesis between... you and me?"

With his hand in the air forming a gun, he fired a love shot at Venice who looked like he had eaten sh*t when he winked.

"Get lost!!"

Giles cutely said "ow" when he caught the book that Venice threw his way.

"Ow! Your Majesty, no need to be ro-u-gh. Tehee~"

Posing like some maiden about to get harassed, Giles looked at Venice shyly and teary-eyed.

Venice who could not comprehend Giles's IQ and EQ, who also had enough of his jokes darkly laughed as sparks of electricity came out of his hands.

"...Giles."

"Y-Your Majesty, no need to be so rough!"

Giles who saw the spark of electricity forming in Venice's hand finally knew what the word "bad jokes can kill" means.

"Your Majesty, mercy!!"

BAM!

BOOGSSH!!!

"Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!"

Throwing the ball of electricity, before Giles could run away, he was toast black on the spot.

"Y-Your M-Maj-jesty..."

With his soul flying out, Giles finally knew his lesson or not.

"270,601 thunder strike. Giles, are you not tired yet?"