Chapter 18 A Good Day For A Picnic

Trees sway and the wind blows, and the fine morning becomes even more beautiful as birds sing sweetly as they fly in the sky.

The light of the sun that day was not that harsh on that day, it was a nice occasion for a picnic.

Sitting on a silver chair with soft cushions, Violet thought that she was sitting on pins and needles.

Opposite her was a handsome man staring at her.

If only it was due to love, she would have been joyful, but the piercing eyes felt like knives ready to stab her at any given moment.

She wanted to cry but there were no tears to shed.

This handsome was none other than the demon who came from hell just to make her suffer. Who else would it be but the Emperor himself, Venice!

Venice's piercing cold stare almost drilled into the very soul of Violet.

She could feel that he was trying to read her, read her very soul to the tiniest bit.

'Does she not like it? Why is she not eating? Giles said that children loves sweet the most.'

Being stared at by a very handsome yet "cruel" man, Violet was secretly sweating a bucket of cold sweat.

Even when looking at such a delicious mountain of treats, there was no way that she could have the stomach to eat being stared at by the demon in front of her.

Just by looking at the food, she wanted to throw up.

Her stomach feels upset and she can't even hold her spoon right.

She thinks that if she forced herself to eat in front of this man, she would have indigestion.

A few minutes had already passed since she arrived, yet the Emperor was still not saying anything.

Giles, on one side, was also not saying anything, he was only looking at the two of them.

He was waiting for who would speak first but he did not know that "who speaks first" had become a competition between the two.

While Venice looked at Violet with his piercing cold eyes, Violet was wiping her sweat with a handkerchief.

Secretly looking at Venice, Violet's eyesight trailed down to the table full of desert.

Gulp!

Food was already prepared and served but the Emperor did not give any commands for her to partake, so she could only swallow up her saliva in fear of the Emperor.

'Why did this stiff face call me here? Is he going to torture me like this?'

Forcing herself to smile, Violet was the first to break the silence.

"Your Majesty, it is truly my honor to be invited by his Majesty personally to dine with him!"

Beaming widely, eyes full of stars, Violet clamped her hands together as she rumbled on and on about how honored she was for being to dine with him and being able to see him.

Seeing Violet turning into a different person all of a sudden, Giles felt chills crawl up his spine.

'V-Violet?'

"It is truly such a great honor to be able to be this close to his Majesty! Your Majesty's magnificent appearance, is just as I had imagined!"

'Ugh. I'm getting goosebumps. Is this really me? No. I have to endure!'

"Your Majesty, may I know as to what do I owe this gracious favor of you gracing me with your presence? Your Majesty is like the sky tha--"

"Enough."

Being coldly cut off, Violet quickly shut her mouth but still maintained the starry eyes in her eyes.

'Is my head about to roll off?'

"Eat."

"Eh?????"

Seeing that her head was still connected to her neck, Violet quickly thanked the heavens while crying before doing what she was told.

"Thank you, Your Majesty."

Smiling brightly, Violet digs in.

"Yum!"

'Finally, I get to eat!' Violet rolled her eyes.

Eating like she does not have any care in the world, Violet failed to notice the change in Venice's expression.

Venice's lips lifted up for a second before going back to normal.

'Interesting.'

Leaning on his hand, Venice watched Violet who was happily eating the dessert served specifically for her.

'Such a little thing. A fragile existence that, with just a snap, her life will cease.'

"Y-Your Majesty?"

Noticing his gaze, Violet unconsciously called out to him.

His gaze really brought out shivers down her spine, drilling to her bones, and shaking her soul.

'What is this stiff face up to again? Why is he looking at me like he can't wait to kill me?'

Violet shivered at her violent thoughts and shook them off of her little pea brain.

'Must not jinx myself!'

Staring at her with his cold dark eyes, he thought of an idea.

"Do you like it?"

"Your Majesty? What does his Majesty mean?"

Having a bunch of question marks above her head, Violet naively tilted her head to the side.

"The desert."

Venice was short on his response but he quickly pinpointed what he wanted to as, he liked it simple and clear.

"The desert?"

Having known the subject of his question, Violet finally got what he wanted to tell her.

"Oh! The desert!"

Violet punches her fist and palm together, feeling enlightened.

With a big bright smile, Violet answered him.

"Your Majesty, it was delicious! Thank you!"

Seeing her big bright smile, unknown to Venice, something deep inside of him started to change.

Putting his hand above his chest, he slightly smiled.

"If you like it so, then, I hope to see you every time of this day from now on."

"What?!!!"

Violet thought that she was hearing wrong but the small lift of the corner of his mouth proved that he was not joking nor was it a dream.

Seeing her energetic and face flushed, the interest he had in her only deepened.

'Being this interesting, I will let you live for a while longer, little lamb.'