Chapter 11 Capture Targets

"What will happen to me now? Since I diverted from the main story and to the hidden route which was said to be the cruelest of the cruelest ending for the villainess, will I be actually be walking out of here in one piece and most of all alive?"

'Should I have just followed the main story and changed my ending?'

In the Otome Game: Complex Love In The Sun Empire, there are at least three Main Capture Targets.

Byron Moore, son of a Duke. Due to his high standing and being spoiled, he grew up to be arrogant and too proud of himself. In his eyes,, no one is better than him.

When his spiritual pet finally came into being and was even recognized as one of the top ten spiritual pet fighters that there ever existed, he even became more conceited and willful.

He thought that no one was better than him and that everyone should bow down to him.

That is when he meets the protagonist.

Though timid and "weak", she stood her ground and never backed down from injustice. She stood tall for what she believed in. This trait of hers only interested him more and developed an attitude that he wanted to know more about her.

In Byron's route, the protagonist successfully steals him away from Violet, who in the end dies by beheading because of attempted murder.

She was accused of attempting to murder the protagonist. If not because of another captured target being there, then she would have succeeded.

The death by beheading might look merciful because she was given a quick death, but behind those words, where no one can see, Violet was again and again tortured and healed in her prison cell until she broke and soullessly accepted her death.

Luke Moore, another one of the captured targets. He was also a Duke's son, Byron's younger brother.

Unlike Byron, who was ill-tempered and arrogant, Luke Moore was the complete opposite of him. He was as gentle as a woman, as calm as the sea, and level-headed.

He does not let his head rule over his heart.

He met the protagonist at her coming of age. Since then he had fallen in love with her. With each passing day as he watched over her, his heart would only continue to fall for her.

On his route, Violet was banished from the BrightHeart's Household and was then never heard of.

Aaron Brooks, the last captured target in the main story. He was also a noble though his father was only a Viscount. Nevertheless, his family was still quite reputable.

He and the protagonist are childhood friends.

He had loved her since they were kids and had always hoped that she would look his way once.

His indifferent face might look like he does not care sometimes, but his heart was the exact opposite of his cold face, he is such a warm-hearted person.

He can't even hurt a fly.

On his route, Violet got banished from the BrightHeart's Household to live in the countryside.

On the other hand, was the Hidden Route.

The Hidden Route was not part of the main story and was a whole new story separated from the main story.

The Hidden Route was said to be the most dangerous and the hardest route to beat.

No one, as in no one was able to beat the game or was able to see the hidden capture target because of its difficulty level.

It was said that the Hidden Route was simply a scam by the developers, once the forums were blasted on fire by angry fans, because no matter what they do they can't pass the game.

Heck!

They can't even catch a glimpse of the Hidden Capture Target before they got killed!

Yes, killed!

A blasted Otome Game that was made for girls to enjoy and fawn over had a "you died" ending!

What were the developers doing, you asked?

They said that it makes the game more interesting!

Later on, it was published on the forums under the Otome Game: Complex Love In The Sun Empire that the Hidden Target Route was difficult because it was like a whole new world from the main story.

If the main story is all flowers and unicorns, then the Hidden Target Route is dead flowers and beheaded unicorns!

If the main story was all sunny, then the Hidden Route was the exact opposite. It was cold with a little bit of a wicked twist.

The developers created a whole new world for the Heroine to choose from other than the main story, a whole new world that is different from the main story but still links to it.

It's just that there is a little bit of a difference.

To get to the Hidden Route, the Heroine must first trigger a special event to enter the Hidden Route.

But not all players were lucky to trigger this special event because not all can trigger the Hidden Route.

It was said that it is rare for players to trigger the event because it needs a special condition.

And because of this "special condition", along the way as the Heroine treks the unknown hidden route, she gets killed again and again.

If not because of selecting the wrong choice, she was unable to trigger or be there for special events.

The Hidden Route was said to be all about tactics and timing, since no one, as in no one was able to pass this Hidden Route then they were all tactless and had bad timing!

Since no one was able to pass the route, no one also knew what the ending of the Hidden Route was.

In the end, a developer announced that the Hidden Route was no longer playable because the route was so hard that even the developers who were playing it were unable to pass the route.

When they tried to change its settings, they discovered that no more changes could be made or be added, so they could only pitifully give up in the end.

A developer even once said that: The Hidden Capture Target does not allow us to change its settings at all.

That is why there has always been a question in every player's mind: if the route could not be passed at all, why is there even a Hidden Route?

What is its purpose?

Why does it exist?

"I also wonder the same thing... "