Chapter 10 Snow White Lotus Blooming Crimson

Standing in front of a body-length mirror, Violet could still not believe that she was in a fairy tale like world that turned out to be her favorite Otome Game: Complex Love In The Sun Empire.

Because of all the events that happened to her, while she was still trying to fit in the world, she did not expect to come upon the event where her very life and transmigration would be put into question again.

She was still not into her role as Violet and now another burden came onto her shoulders, the title of "Princess Candidate".

Violet does not dare think that she is the missing princess, all the good stuff goes to the Heroine anyway.

Even if she is the missing "princess", that title will not let her live because competing with the Heroine would mean as good as dead.

It is always a golden rule that every minor character must abide by!

Even a top-list villain like her would need to abide by it, the Heroine takes it all.

All that challenges her must die!

Not only was Violet in danger because of the "Princess Candidate" title, but because the father that they are all vying for is the cruelest of the cruelest person that had ever existed in the whole of Fantasia,

Venice DoomBringer.

If she were to choose, she would rather run away right now than get hooked by such a cruel fisherman.

It would be a mercy to think he would directly fry her, but what if he were to slice her up and salt her and put in many spices before cooking her?

Won't that just be pure torture?

"Ugh! I'm not a masochist!"

Looking at the Knight who was said to be the cruelest Blood Knight among the Blood Knights, the Captain of the Blood Knight, kneeling almost prostrating in front of her, Violet could somehow see her future self being hung outside the palace gates.

The Captain of the Blood Knights came rushing into her room in the middle of her contemplation.

He was kneeling and begging her to not say a word about the "Princess Candidate" information leaked he had done or else he would be dead to his superior.

The information that he had casually and mindlessly leaked could cause his head to roll.

He was specifically reminded not to leak this information to outsiders, those scheming people, and most of all to the participants.

Now that he had so grandiosely and superbly leaked it and failed confidentiality, he could only beg on his knees crying.

If it was just a normal person, then he could just kill them but it was a "Princess Candidate", he couldn't possibly do that.

Observing him closely, Violet could not even connect the cruel Captain of the Blood Knights to this seemingly stupid person.

Sighing deeply, she promised him yet again.

"Brother... "

Still cringing at the words" brother", Giles insisted her to call him brother so she could pity him a little.

Violet tug a tired smile on her lips.

"... I already promised you, I won't say a word about your blunder. Do not worry, my mouth is sealed."

Smiling wryly, Violet looked into the distance.

Her eyes melancholic and joyless, she then looked back at him.

"Besides, I... do not have a person close to me to talk about such things. You don't have to worry."

Being stared at by her, Giles felt a little pity for the lady.

He knew why she was sad.

She did not have a family that could support nor could she call for help when she is in trouble.

Even a family comfort her when she was sad, it was a faraway dream for her.

Remembering the time when he was about to go get her, she got a message from a subordinate that the BrightHeart Household is disposing of the Princess Candidate secretly.

His heart almost jumped out of his body when he heard that news. He can't afford to have something happen to her.

Not now that she was a candidate for the missing princess, the King will have his head?

The candidates were not supposed to know that they were "Princess Candidates".

They were supposed to enter the palace as selected ladies who would learn etiquette from the best etiquette teacher there is in the empire.

Not only were they learning from the best etiquette teacher, but their reputation would also be boosted because they were the selected ones.

Not only that, those scheming nobles might actually try to make their daughter seduce the Emperor, which is utterly impossible.

1 out of 10, the plan of seducing the Emperor is -100.

Selecting the "Princess Candidates" took many years to come to this day, they can't just let any slip-up mess up their plan.

Not only will the slip-up mess up their plan, they will also put the real princess in danger if they were discovered.

So, when Giles got the news that Violet was about to be killed, he sprang into action and saved her.

Giles' then brought her to the Palace, since he was almost practically living there, to be treated by the best healer there is.

He can't have her life in danger now, can he?

"Lady BrightHeart... "

"Brother, I told you not to call me "Lady BrightHeart". Just call me Violet or just Letty. I do not wish to be called a "BrightHeart" anymore."

Pain and sadness tinted the eyes of Violet, recalling the memories she had with the BrightHeart's made her heart unconsciously be gripped in pain.

Yes, remembering those times when she was about to be killed by them still brought shivers down to her very spine.

But the pain and sadness, the gripping pain in her heart were the original's left-over feelings for her so-called family.

'What a pitiful soul. Violet, I hope that wherever you are now, I hope and wish that you are happy.'

"Letty it is."

Giles brightly smiled at the melancholic girl, though he could see that she was sad he did not dare go and comfort her.

He believes that overcoming things on your own can make you stronger. In this matter concerning her past, she does not need him to be concerned about her.

'I believe that you will overcome this. A person like you who had the same piercing eyes as his, how could you be weak?'

Remembering those eyes, the eyes that he had seen when he had first met her in the forest, he could not forget them even in his dreams.

There, standing among the dead bodies of the men in black, a snow-white lotus bloomed at the center of the crimson blood.