Rebirth 6 Regret? Maybe Not.

Whine~

"Dear, are you alright? You have been silent since we left the BrightHeart residence. Is Violet still in your thoughts?"

Riding the carriage back home, Duke Moore had long noticed that his wife seemed to be in deep thoughts since they left the BrightHeart residence.

He really worries about her.

Thinking that his wife was disheartened about being unable to wed Byron to Violet, he could only comfort her to relieve her stress.

"Mother, don't be sad. I promise you, I will bring a more worthy daughter-in-law for you in the future."

Byron, who had been pouting since they started their journey, tried to cheer his mother up but only got glared at by his father.

"Shut up brat. This is your fault."

Duke Moore, who had long since been irritated by his son, smacked him on his head, causing a lump to appear on his son's head.

"Ack! Father, it hurts!"

Defending his head from his father's relentless smack, Byron could only ask for help from his mother.

"Wuwuwuw... Mother, please help me!"

Hiding behind his mother, Byron avoided being hit again by his father.

"Brat!"

Seeing his shameless son hiding behind his wife, Duke Moore could only glare at him in hatred.

"You two, enough."

Snapping from her daze, Duchess Moore sighed when seeing her two beloved people fight.

"Dear...."

Sitting like an obedient puppy, Duke Moore bit his handkerchief at the side.

"Mother, haha."

Hugging his mother childishly, Bryron stupidly grinned.

Seeing her son like this, Duchess Moore sighed helplessly as she patted his head.

Sighing again, Duchess Moore remembered what happened earlier in the BrightHeart Residence.

"I'm sorry, Duchess. Your son and my fate... do not intertwine."

"I-Is that so?"

With a quivering voice, she let go of Violet's eyes.

"I apologize, Duchess Moore. But maybe this is for the best since Duchess Moore's son does not like me, then I also won't force him into this engagement. I hope that Duchess Moore can understand."

"... I understand."

Looking at the floor, Duchess Moore felt like her legs went soft for a second.

"Violet, what are you saying? Duchess Moore, I--"

Hearing Violet reject the engagement, Duke BrightHeart tried to speak up for her but then got cut off.

"Duke BrightHeart, I don't feel so well. We will be going first."

Duchess Moore felt like she was about to suffocate if she stayed there any second longer, so she hurried to go home.

"Let's go."

"Dear....?"

"Duchess Moore, please wait."

Duke BrightHeart tried his best to make the Moore's stay but never once did they look back.

Now, looking back at this son of hers, Duchess Moore did not know if she should be happy or not that the engagement between Byron and Violet was canceled.

"Mother, why do you look at me like that? Is it because I rejected the fiancée you have chosen for me?"

Byron sighed, knowing just how badly he had reacted in front of the BrightHeart's.

He admits it, he had been a little childish and did not consider his words before taking action, but he could just not stand it.

He did not want to marry Violet, he had another woman in his heart and would be the only woman for him.

He had met his soulmate and he couldn't let other people prevent him from marrying her.

To marry the love of his life, he must at all costs cancel the engagement between him and the first daughter of the house of BrightHeart.

Now that he did, he can finally ask his beloved to marry him.

Since young, he had long heard that he had a fiance but did not care about it because he thought that it was okay to just marry her and go on with life.

For him, women are all the same after all.

That is when he met her, like the hottest fire that ever existed in the world, she had set ablaze his heart that was as cold as the winter land.

Meeting the girl with red hair was like destiny, he must marry her at all costs.

"Byron...."

Snapping out from his own world, Byron looked at his mother's face.

"Mother, do you blame me?"

"No, I do not."

The Duchess sighed when faced with her son, caressing his face, she told him her feelings.

"I'm sorry about forcing you into an engagement that you didn't like at all. I'm sorry son."

"No Mother, it is I who should apologize, not you. I know that you only wanted the best for me and I thank you for that, but I just can't marry her mother. I... I, for a long time now, had someone in my heart already."

Clenching his fist, Byron looked down, thinking of the smile of the person he held dear in his heart.

Looking at this lovelorn child of hers, the Duchess could not help but smile.

"Enough already, do not blame yourself. Mother understands. If you already have someone, then I won't force you anymore. Maybe it's for the best."

"Really, Mother? Thank you, Mother!"

Grinning widely, Byron hugs his mother tightly.

"Ayah. You child, you're already this big and you still act like a little child. Aren't you embarrassed?"

"Yes, I am a child. I am a mother's child, I can act like a child as long as my mother is here."

Than being intimidated by his mother's words, Byron instead snuggled more into his mother's hold to feel her warmth more. It is really comforting being in his mother's arms.

"AH!"

"You brat, you already stole so much of my wife's time. Don't steal from me anymore."

Grabbing his own son's collar, he tossed Byron aside and sneaked his arms around his wife's waist.

"Duke Moore..."

Smiling wryly, Duchess Moore leaned her head on Duke Moore's shoulders, relaxing.

"Hmp!"

Sulking, Byron returned to his seat opposite his parents. He really hates this father of his for monopolizing his own mother.

Duchess Moore giggled seeing her husband and son fight with each other.

What a happy family.

Looking at the direction of the BrightHeart Residence, Duchess Moore's thoughts fell elsewhere.

'Maybe it's really for the best. My son and her had no future together.'

Remembering her deep eyes, Duchess Moore shivered once more when she remembered the "thing" that made her feet soft for a moment.

It may be just for a moment, but she saw it clearly, it was definitely a....

A beast.