Chapter 1: Welcoming Existence

Red and blue lights were swirling around as another police's car arrived at the crime scene almost half minutes after the incident happened. A man soaked in his own blood was still lying on the ground with his eyes still open.

Some officers started to sort how the man died, interviewing some bystanders and looking around the said scene.

"Any evidence? Anything?" One police asked another while checking out the corpse.

A bystander tried to walk closer but some officers stopped him. "He fell down from his terrace. He lived in this building." He shouted, pointing at the high building behind them.

"Suicide?" A rookie thought aloud, writing something down on his little notepad.

Flashes of camera continued as the police looked for some more evidence.

"Suicide, huh?"

Just a few meters away, two guys had their red eyes fixed on the crime scene.

"That's the easiest one. When I was done with his guardian I just kicked him out of his terrace." One said with his chin high up in the air.

A chuckle came from the other guy.

"Well, I did it for them. Thank me; they don't need to look for a suspect." the brunette haired boasted his little consideration.

The blond beside him snorted. "You should leave a note then if you want some gratitude."

"Neeeeh..." the taller one moved his eyes from the crowded scene to his fellow beside him. "How's yours, Reita?"

A faint smile from the corner of Reita's lips appeared. "Ambush."

Tora, the suspect opened his eyes wide in amazement. "The one they're talking about in the news? The rich man?"

Reita nodded.

"HAH! Master will be proud of you again. You little bastard." The older one patted his back.

Again, the guy named Reita made their maker proud.

Back from the past years that was too long to count. He was made as a Devil.

Their kind was threatened by all specially the vulnerable humans.

Each Devil was given a mission and that mission must be killed, it didn't matter how or when but the more talked-about by humans, the higher a Devil's rank will receive. And right now, Reita was at the top.

They must kill the guardian angel of their mission before they could do anything to the human. And only three things they were warned not to do.

A mission of a certain Devil must not be killed by others unless the Master asked them to, if they did they'll be punished.

They are not allowed to talk or be-friend with their rival, the Angels. ; Their powers will be taken away from them if it was proven.

Love had no place for them, and if they fell; they would be killed by their master's own hand.

Reita didn't care about the powers and credits but he couldn't help that he was one of the best of his kind, like he was made to be like that. His entire mission was all planned and clean and they were all popular in human world, making it either to the front page of a broadsheet or the world news which made him their Master's favorite.

"Ryoga will be veeery upset." Tora locked his fingers behind his head as he leaned against the couch.

"He's already used to it, right?" A golden haired Devil spoke calmly before he flipped the next page of the book he was reading.