Chapter 4 : Mischievous Oddity

He knew exactly the consequences if she found out what he truly was. He would have to leave her, not just to stay away but he had to kill her because of the law that was hovered upon him even before he was made; the law that no human should see them; and simply because she was his mission that he had to kill. But at that moment any of that didn't matter, he was more tensed on the situation he was in; revealing his self to his own mission.

"Oh...."

Her eyes wondered up and down, searching for other features of him that changed when he turned into his kind.

"I wasn't able to guess that." Nothing changed except his chocolate eyes that were now staring at her in blazing crimson yet the beauty he had even before was still there.

Reita's brows pulled together, puzzled by her reaction. "Aren't you going to run?"

"Why would I?" She said her eyes still wondering on him.

"I'm a Devil." He repeated for her benefit in case it hadn't sunk in to her yet.

She nodded. "I heard you."

"You're not going to run away?"

"Should I?"

Reita looked down, annoyed by himself. "You must."

"Hmm... even if I run, you can still catch me if you want. Right?"

She was right, with his abilities he would be able to catch her or even keep her with him and no human could stop him. Both stared at each other, trying to read what was on each other's mind.

She was surprised for a bit of how he was able to save her. Her head spun for a little while. Such fiction fell rapidly into a fact.

His curiosity remained. He wasn't surprise that her reply would be very different to what he was expecting. But then again she was full of surprises, His never-ending entertainment.

"Uhmmm.. Can I ask something?" She tried before she bit her lower lip.

"Go ahead." He waited; He waited for her to ask him every little details of his kind.

"Is that a Devil thing?"

Reita narrowed his eyes. No matter how hard he tried, he couldn't decipher what she was talking about. "What?"

Her right pointing finger moved left and right in front of her face. "That thing on your nose... does all Devil has that?"

Reita's snort ended up in a loud laughter, again he wasn't expecting that.

"What's so funny?" She asked in annoyance.

He held his stomach, trying his very best to control his laugh. "This isn't the right time to talk about my nose band! And it has nothing to do with my kind!"

She grimaced. "How should I know? I thought it's a substitute since you don't have a pointed tail."

"Fiction." Reita had his smile reaching his eyes.

It was the first time she saw that, it was also the first time she heard his laugh. She found it charming and a smile slowly drew on her lips.

"Why are you smiling?" Reita asked perplexed, composing his self.

"You know how to laugh." She said, amazed.

Reita looked away before he cleared his throat. "Everyone knows how to do that."

"This is the first time I saw you did it."

He turned his back to walk. "This is the first and the last."