Chapter 6 : Following Danger

All through out the day Aika avoided Reita, Her anger didn't settle down even if hours already passed by. She didn't say goodbye to her friends, leaving them in a full curiosity, she was the first one to get out of their room. There were clouds in the sky; forming different shapes and one seemed to look like a sitting cat. She continued to walk, taking the same route to her apartment.

Her heart tightened and her hands at her sides became a strong fist. Aika remembered what happened at the rooftop again; she groaned, stomping her feet on the ground. She stopped; breathing in deeply, trying to calm herself down. She wouldn't want her anger to get the best of her and she wouldn't want to go back to school to haul a guy who in her "imagination" was a Devil.

At the intersection of the streets just a few steps away, she caught sight of a girl clinging closely to the guy's arm with her; it would be a typical sighting for her, when she saw Ryoga secretly following the two. Her brows pulled together as she ran after who claimed Reita as his friend. She caught his arm and he hurriedly looked back.

"Aika." The brunette's brows stitched together in a straight line. "What are you doing here?" He asked before looking back again at the couple who was now a few pace away.

"I should ask you the same thing..." Her eyes followed where he was looking. "And why are you following them?"

His eyes snapped back at her and there was irritation visible in it. "You shouldn't be here."

"Why not?" It was the first time he used that tone at her, whenever they see each other he was usually friendly and nice.

Ryoga's eyes darted back to the couple turning to the other street. "I have to go."

He started to run, trying to catch up with the couple. He looked back when he heard more footsteps than he should. His eyes widened when he saw Aika running after him. "Why are you following me?!"

"I..have something to ask." She said through her breath.

"This isn't the right time!" He groaned at her.

Ryoga stop and she did too bumping at his back. The place they entered was crowded, different kind of noise could be heard. People were laughing, eating, chatting and by the looks on their faces, they were having fun. There were huge rides and booths everywhere in the said place, some people were forming lines, waiting patiently to take their turn on the ride.

"I didn't know there's an amusement park here." She said, turning in circle to look at the place.

A tight grip held her right wrist and suddenly pulled her forward to the crowd. "Wait!"

"I saw them." Ryoga was still looking at a distance.

She let him pull her. Ryoga was Reita's friend; he might answer her questions straight without finding it silly. Reita's noun for it was somewhat an insult to her, though she might be just "imagining" it but somewhere at the back of her head she knew it happened, she knew she saw his eyes turned blazing red and heard him said he was a Devil. It was clear, crystal clear.

Ryoga stopped in front of a man in yellow uniform. The guy looked at them before stamping both of the back of their wrists with a red heart, then the guy gestured his hand toward a vacant cart. Ryoga didn't say a word and pulled Aika inside. The guy locked the cart in safety and then the lift slowly moved up. Ryoga and Aika took each mint green leather seat so that they were facing each other. She blinked and slowly moved her head to left to look outside the wide glassed window at either of their sides. She then realized what was happening, she screamed and that startled him.

"CALM DOWN!" Ryoga shouted at her.

Aika moved back to the other side of her seat, trying to push herself in.