Chapter 25 : Facing Death

The street was dimly lighted by a flickering post, deserted by any humans in the world; Just the right place to commit a crime, only it wouldn't have any justice.

The Master of the Devil's sauntered to her, his hands at either of his sides as he curved a smile on his lips, one that reached his eyes that suddenly changed from black to flaming red. "I'm glad to finally meet you."

She could feel the fright that was starting to take over her whole body. "I'm not."

"Oh sure you're not. I'm not surprised by that." He laughed, humorless then his red eyes darted at her. "Nobody likes to meet their death, right?"

Her heart started to pound faster, bile started to form on her throat, her body wanted to run yet her feet were stoned on her spot. "What do you want?"

"Hmmm... What do I want?" He said almost singing. "What do I want from the girl who was eagerly saved by my devil, Reita to be exact."

Holding her breath, there was no other way to get away so Aika collected herself and at the beat of her heart she hurriedly took her chance and ran. She didn't know where to go; she only knew that she had to get away from him. Her feet kept on running; her breath was out of rhythm.

A strong firm hand caught her left arm that made her stop. And suddenly she was pinned on the cold wall of an eerie street.

"No one ever tried to get away from me Ms. Aizawa. Not that they can, anyways." An evil smile pulled up at a corner of his lips.

"Where's Reita? What did you do to him?" Despite of her fear eating her, she managed to ask in a curt.

"I haven't done anything yet," His red eyes glimmered down at her. "Oh how I love to think of what Ms. Aizawa, there's a lot in my mind, but I suggest you wouldn't want to know."

She cringed as she looked away, more fear ran through out her veins. Even just the idea hurt her, knowing that Reita would be punished by this man.

"My Reita was-"

"He's not yours!" Aika snapped a glare at the smirking mad devil.

He snorted, pinning her even stronger against the wall. His mouth moved near her ear and she shuddered.

"I made him and I take possession of everything I make. I am a selfish creature, Ms. Aizawa." He stopped and smelled her hair briefly. She cried at her throat.

He leaned back down to her ears as tears fell down Aika's eye. "I don't make devils to have them taken away from me... Especially not by a human being."

Then the only thing Aika could feel was the sudden pain on her head and stomach and her swirling vision that didn't last long because quickly, darkness enveloped her sight then helplessly she lose consciousness.

With heavy eyelids, Aika sluggishly opened her eyes in half. Darkness ruled the place with a sickening heat and awful smell. She had difficulty in breathing, wincing when a pain on her left rib radiated on her whenever she inhale. As moments lapses and her sight became familiar with the darkness, the place was becoming visible slowly.

She was in a small room with a wall covered in uneven dark stains. She realized she was a few feet above the ground, anxiety covered her in an instant making her squirm then her eyes followed her right arm which was spreading up at her side with a metallic ring around her rubbed raw, bleeding wrist. The metal ring was linked by thick metal chain that was attached onto the wall. After gazing frantically around her, she found her other arm and her two foot just as the same state like her right hand. She was suspended, spread eagle at the center of the room.

"Someone said our guest is awake." The voice owned by someone she loathed was coming nearer and the door banged opened. Two brunette guys went in first followed by their Master who now was in white satin clothing. He made a sound with his two fingers then the room was suddenly too bright. Aika had to shut her eyes down for a second. He smiled when their gaze met then his eyes followed her arms and legs.

"Sorry for the lack of hospitality, we rarely have visitors." The Devil had the grace to look apologetic.

Aika wanted to move but her hand won't obey her. Her breathing came fast and shallow, she could feel the numb on both of her arm, the sting on both of her wrist, sleet on her right thigh and the throbbing pain on her left rib all together. She winced loudly, closing her eyes through the pain.

"Ah, of course. Sorry for the wounds too. These boys had fun playing with you though." He chuckled, patting the two guys at either of his sides.

"Damn you!" Aika seethed through her clenched teeth.

A loud laugh came from the Master then he nodded. "Thank you, Ms. Aizawa..." He gestured something to the taller guy beside him. The brown haired guy walk at his right and pushed something, suddenly making the chain loose and Aika to fall.

Aika hit the ground vigorously, knocking her breath out and made the pain on her rib worsened as her back hit the floor; she groaned loudly turning at her side slowly. She could taste her own blood on her lip when she closed her lips to breathe evenly. Both of her hands were limp on the ground not moving when she wanted them to.

The Devil's Master squatted down in front of her, watching her in strange awe. He moved some of her hair from her face with one of his long black nails and offered her a warm fake smile. "You..are..a..very strong human."

"Kill me now." She said breathily, closing her eyes.

The Master made a sound with his tongue and teeth. "No-oh. Where's the fun in there?" He then stood up and marched his way out the room, he was followed by the two guys and as the door shut behind them the whole room turned back into darkness. She lay there staring at the dark ceiling, letting her tears fall down on her temples.

She didn't know where Reita was and if their Master had him, by the way he said it; Reita would be in a very great danger just like where she was. She couldn't help but to blame herself for all of this chaos they were in.

Aika didn't know how long she was out of conscious but as soon as she heard the door open, her heart trembled faster, her body shaking in fear for another kind of pain that she was expecting.

"Aika?"

She was never expecting that voice to come in that room, but she felt relieved to have him there. If she could choose, he would let this guy kill her, in peace. She turned her head slowly and saw Ryoga stood still at the door, his eyes wondered her body in panic.

"Ryo..." That was the only thing she could utter, every inch of her body was already protesting in pain.

He ran, kneeling at her side. His eyes settled in horror at her right thigh where sleet of her flesh was visible and where the blood was coming to stain a wide range of her pants. "You're losing a lot of blood." He murmured, still in shock.

She stared at him not knowing what to say. All of her strength had left her the moment she fell down from her suspension with the chains. All of her limbs were now failing to work when she wanted them to move.

"I'll be back." He hurriedly stood up and walked out of the room, closing it quietly behind him.

Aika looked back up at the dark ceiling, wishing a peaceful death would come and take her away soon. She shivered when she could feel the sudden coldness everywhere in her body, somehow numbing the pain she was suffering. She closed her eyes, letting herself succumb into the numb the coldness offered her. Maybe it was death, the peaceful death she was hoping. Welcoming death wasn't as hard as she thought. The pain right now had her wishing for anything but to feel this. Maybe death wasn't that bad at all. Maybe death was the best place to hide from all of the wickedness her life was giving her. The numbing coldness was disturbed by a sudden heat on her cheeks that made her eyes flew open.