Chapter 3 : Defying Orders

"WHAAAAAAAAAAAT?!!" Aika shrieked.

"Yes.... Am Second." Oru looked down. It was the first time someone beat her in the ranking of the best students.

"Nooooo......" Aika cried, her hope bubble popped without any warning.

"Reita Congratulations!"Girls started to scream at the hall way. Her human alarms started to warn her.

"I'm going." She hurriedly took her bag with her as she sneaked out of their classroom.

It was successful; she reached the school's gate panting. On the street she kept on looking at her back to see if she was followed until she knocked against something.

"Ohw.." Aika groaned while she looked ahead, patting her head.

A brunette guy was doing the same but instead of his head he was massaging his jaw.

"A... I'm sorry." She bowed hurriedly, biting her lower lip.

"It's okay. No harm done." The guy smiled warmly. Aika smiled back.

The brown haired guy traveled his eyes to the gate then back at her. "Sneaking out?"

Busted, Aika's face turned red. "N..n..no!.no." she tried to deny looking down.

"Cutting classes." The guy guessed again, the amusement on his tone reached his eyes.

She shook her head. "I'm trying to run away from someone..." she unveiled, awkwardly.

Warm, firm hand suddenly pulled her back by her right arm, when she spun around she was faced with an angry facial expression of the blond.

"Reita..." She mumbled.

His eyes held a lot of anger as he recognized who she was talking to. "Let's go." He dragged her away without another word.

"Wait...!" Aika tried to pull her hand but was only dragged faster by him.

They reached the building before he loosened his hold of her wrist.

"ARE YOU CRAZY?! WHY DID YOU DO THAT?!" She shouted, glaring at him.

He faced her; his hands were curved into a tight fist. "Didn't your parents teach you not to talk to strangers?!" His infuriation was very visible in his voice.

"HAH." She huffed in disbelief. "Didn't yours teach you that butting in someone's business is rude?!"

"I'M TRYING TO PROTECT YOU!" Reita's anger made him slipped.

Confusion crossed her face. "What?"

He sighed audibly, trying to calm himself first making sure not to slip any more secrets.

"I won." He dropped the other topics all together.

Her lips turned into a straight line. She knew she had to face her defeat soon, but this was too soon.

"What do you want me to do?" Aika asked bored.

"Go to class."

She exhaled before taking the steps of the staircase. He could hear her murmur at his back.

"What are you trying to do?!" Reita snarled at Ryoga when he found him at his quarter.

Ryoga remained at his seat. "Calm down... I'm not trying to do anything."

"Then why were you talking to her?" He asked through his teeth.

The other Devil smirked, leaning back comfortably on his couch. "We bumped at each other... Is that enough?"