Chapter 24 : Promised Promise

Aika's breathing came fast, what the woman said triggered the biggest fear in her. If she was foreseeing something right, then the only thing Aika could process was that Reita's Master was coming here to get her.

Her vision swirled, she blinked and tried to get her hand out of the woman's hold but she was gripping her too strong. "Let go of me."

The woman never leave her gaze at her. "The darkness is near... and you know you can't hide from it."

"Let go of me!" She tried to pull her hand again more forcefully.

"Let her go." A calm yet determined voice of Reita made Aika looked back in relief. He made his way to them, grabbing Aika's hand out of the woman's grip. He accidentally brushed his finger to the woman's skin and as soon as the contact happened she froze; wide eyes of hers buried to him.

"Evil... against Evil..." She whispered in full horror.

Reita clenched his jaw and pulled Aika to him, turning back to walk at the opposite direction.

"The darkness is near!! It's near!!" The woman shouted even louder and as if on cue a striking thunder echoed through the sky as heavy rain started to pour down.

Reita turned to a narrowed street and when he was sure they were alone, he transferred them quickly to her apartment. He helped her sat down her couch, soaking wet; then went inside her room, he came back with a towel over his shoulders and another one on his grip.

He sat down beside her and put the white towel on her lap. He started to dry his hair with his towel, carelessly messing his hair with the cloth. He stopped when Aika continued to stare down the floor. He reached for her towel then covered her head with it, slowly massaging her head then bringing down the cloth to grab a strand of her damped hair and squeezed it gently with the towel on his right hand.

She stopped his hand, holding it firmly yet her eyes were not leaving the wet floor. "He's coming."

Reita squeezed again, getting another strip of her hair. "Don't believe her."

"He'll... kill me."

He continued what he was doing, looking at it not meeting her gaze. "I'll keep you safe."

After a few moments, he finally looked at her with his most sincere voice and calm eyes followed by a warm smile.

"I want to keep you safe too."

He shook his head slowly, "You don't have to worry about me Aika."

"You know I worry about you." She said staring at him solemnly, holding his hand tightly.

Reita leaned his forehead to hers and closed his eyes. "I know," He took a deep steady breath and let it out evenly.

"I'm sorry about earlier, about yesterday and... the other day."

She hurriedly leaned away looking at him in confusion. "You're not breaking up with me?"

He blinked at her with meeting brows then his facial smoothened and moved both of his hands to caress her cheeks.

"I'll never break up with you, you're stuck with me." A smile made way to his lips.

"I don't mind being stuck with you." Aika then moved her hands too, cupping his cheeks with her hands and looking up straight his eyes. "Don't leave me."

"As long as I exist." Reita promised.

Leaning up, Aika planted a sweet chaste kiss on his lips and when she was about to move away his hand snaked at the back of her head and leaned down to kiss her back.