Chapter 14 : Damaged Fright

Aika fidgeted with her fingers, still wondering why Reita was absent. It felt strange to see his desk empty, specially now that he told her that he had to be with her everywhere, every time. The whole school hours went slow and exhausting. The girls decided to watch the movie that they'd been waiting for months.

"I think Sato's new movie will be out next month! We should watch it!" Aki beamed at the four beside her as they walk their way to the mall.

Kimuu furrowed her brows before pouting. "Isn't it boring?"

Aki shook her head a few times. "I saw the trailer! And it's Sato's movie! Sato!"

"Okay! Okay!" Kimuu chuckled and put her arm over Aki's shoulder. "Let's watch!"

"Sato? The gay?" Eri locked her arms across her chest.

"He's not gay!" Aki defended, flushing red.

"If you say so... I wou-"

"Aika!" The five halted and turned around to see who called.

Aika felt her blood rushing down her face. Her heart suddenly race furiously in her and her breathing quickened like she just did a one-hundred meter dash. She didn't expect to see this guy, not when she knew what he really was. What he was capable of doing. "Ryoga...."

The dark browned hair smiled, reaching his eyes. "It's been a while."

She looked down before nodding. "Uh.. y-yeah."

Someone nudge her at her elbow and she heard some giggle. "So, Aika... Who's he?" Oru almost sang.

Even if she didn't want to, Aika introduced her friends to the disguised Devil.

"What are you doing here?"

"I was just passing by, then I saw you." His smile still glued on his lips. "Where are you going?"

"We're gonna watch a movie, do you want to come?" Aki asked, her eyes were full of excitement.

Kimuu nodded and grinned. "You should come!"

Aika turned her face to the two, glaring at them disapprovingly but they acted like they didn't notice.

Ryoga shifted his attention from Aika to the two. "If Aika wants me to."

"Of course! Right, Aika?" Aki chuckled and scooped her hand around Ryoga's arm.

She exhaled carefully slow before turning to look at the brunette and half smiled at him. "Of course."

They arrived at the crowded movie hall. They scanned the big screen scrolling the showing movies.

"You guys buy the tickets, I'm gonna go and grab our snacks." Aika smiled at them as she walked to the snack corner just around the corner.

The line wasn't that long, she stood there watching the server take the man's order. She wanted to ask Ryoga what he really was doing there. Realization struck. Her heart slammed on her chest and bile stuck on her throat. What if he was there for his mission? One of her friends? She wanted to ask him, but she didn't know how to. She couldn't take the risk to tell him that she already knew about Devils and their Missions.

"Hey." She was startled by his call and gasp as she looked up at him.

The dark browned hair's brows furrowed. "Are you okay?"

"What are you doing here?"

His lips pulled up into a smile. "I told your friend that I'll help you with the snacks."