Chapter 8 : Lonesome Absence

With a smile plastered on her face Aika went in their classroom.

"Good Morning!" She greeted Oru as she sat down.

Oru smiled back and greeted then went back reading the opened book on her desk.

Aika turned her head back and saw the blonde's seat was still empty. Her smile never ceased from her lips and she looked down. She remembered designing his bento this morning again; probably the last bento she would make for him since the deal was already done, this time she made a Mickey Mouse design in full details.

"SIIIILEEEEENCE!!!" Their homeroom teacher shouted after he went inside the room, slamming the door close behind him. The students stormed back to their seats and silence followed it.

"Bad mood again." Oru whispered at her then pursed her lips to stop her smile.

Worriedly, Aika looked back seeing Reita's seat still empty. He was never late in class, maybe not today. She bended down to get the book their teacher asked them to take out. A knock on the door disturbed the class. She followed a stare at their teacher when he walked to the door to unlock it, she frown when it wasn't the blond. The school's bell rang to inform the end of classes; the seat at the far back close to the window of 3-A was empty through out the class time.

"I wonder if Reita is sick..." One girl pouted, putting the strap of her bag on her shoulder.

"He should've given us his address. I want to visit him." Another one said in sadness.

The group of five girls went out the room pouting and their eyes filled in loneliness like their heart broke into pieces.

"Let's go?" Oru asked when she stood up from her seat; other three of their friends were already waiting outside their classroom.

Aika nodded. "Uh. Yeah!" Before she followed Oru out, she turned to have a last look of Reita's seat and she felt oddly lonely too.

After a little fun time with her friends at the karaoke they parted ways at a busy street. She started to walk, passing a long line of branded clothing and stopped at the edge of the gutter. She looked up at the traffic light and a wave of another scene hit her. Aika remembered her mere death incident a few weeks ago and frowned when Reita's voice suddenly swirled up in her mind.

"I'm the guy who saved you".

How could he insist when she knew that no one was really there at her side that saved her? Even though she felt a strange strong wind pushed her shoulder back; she couldn't accept it. Not when it wasn't connected with her "imagination", he's a Devil for crying out loud and that Devil already saved her in a strange way, In Her Imagination.

Imagination. Imagination.

"Aika!" A familiar voice distracted her from her thoughts.

She looked back and passing from the crowd, Ryoga walked up to her.

"Hey," She greeted with a smile when he reached her. Then her eyes darted down at his shirt.

He was wearing a white T-shirt with words "Who Rocks the World?" printed on it in black, his faded jeans suits his shirt and his black boots reaching half of his leg perfectly matched each other.

Ryoga looked down at where she was looking and he laughed. "Who rocks the world?"

She snapped a look at him; her smile reached her eyes and shrugged. "World doesn't rock to me."

He chuckled and hid both of his thumbs in his jean's pocket. "Of course it does."

"Hnn...." The traffic light turned red and people started to cross the road. "I have to go."