Chapter 5 : Defected Lies

Aika came to school early, planning her ambush to the guy that just invaded her life with fiction and all. She sat down, starring at the empty seat of Suzuki. Moments of him and her in that dark street, she remembered his confession.

A shiver suddenly ran through her body as she saw him entering their classroom, fan girls at each side, No trace of him being a Devil.

She constantly stared at him, waiting for the time he would be alone but his fan girls were there sticking beside him everywhere.

"Why are you staring at Reita?" Oru asked when they were on their feet to the field.

"I have something to ask." She answered, not leaving her stare at the guy who was reading a book, his fan girls were there, screaming his name beside him.

Aika leaned on one of the row of the lockers and looked down, readying her questions in her mind.

The curly brown hair stopped in front of her locker, spinning numbers in the little lock. "Ask? What?"

She was about to answer when suddenly there was no girls around him when she looked back at where he was, he was leaning on the wall near the fire exit's door, his left arm was holding up the book on his face while the other was in his pocket.

It was her cue for her ambush. "You head to the field; I'll be there after a min." She told her friend still staring at him.

"Uh.. Okay." Oru nodded and looked back inside her little compartment.

Aika sauntered in front of him and he moved his book down to face her. "What do you want?"

"I have a lot of questions to ask you." She met his gaze.

He exhaled, moving his book back in front of his face. "About?"

"You."

"Me?"

Her brows pulled together and she looked around, careful not to let anyone hear it. "You're a Devil."

He looked at her like she spoke something foreign. "What?"

She tightened her eyes and the fists at her side hardened. "Do you want me to repeat it louder?"

Reita snorted and shook his head; he then leaned away from the wall and started to walk away from her.

"HEY!" Aika called out only to be stopped by her arm, she turned around and saw Kazuki holding her.

His eyes were not at hers but to the guy at her back walking away.

Kazuki then smiled at her. "Let's go. Mr. Hiroshi is looking for you." He pulled her without any word and took her out the field.

After their section played volleyball students started to go to the bathroom. Aika and her friends stayed at the shade of the big tree in the field.

"It's toooooo hot." Eri shouted while twisting the cap of her water bottle.

Aki leaned against the trunk of the tree, panting. "We won, again." Then a grin formed on her lips.

Aika grabbed her towel and patted the perspiration that was sliding down from her forehead. She looked up and saw Reita at the rooftop, watching the other students on the field.

Irritation filled her; not just because he was denying what happened last night, he didn't join the class too. How selfish of him being up there in the breezy rooftop while he watch them toast in sun's rays. "I'll go ahead."

She ran up the staircase, panting at each floor until she reached her destination. "Suzuki!"

Wind swooshed smoothly at her when she opened the metallic door.