Chapter 1.5: Free Human

"Maybe she's crazy..." Tora commented before taking a big bite on his burger.

Reita stared at a distance from his mission. "Sixth sense?"

"You know very well that thing doesn't work on us."

"What else then?" He asked impatiently raising his tone.

"How am I supposed to know?" the brunette wailed before taking all of his food with him and walk away.

"the guy lost his mind." , "TORA!!"

"What?" He turned his head to look at the blonde.

Reita stood up with an idea in his head. "Come with me."

"Who's that her boyfriend?" Tora asked when they appeared at a wall where they could see the cafe.

"Friend?" Reita guessed uninterested with his mission's personal life.

"Oh okay.... Well then. Here I go." The taller disappeared into thin air agreeing to the idea that the other came up to test his mission.

With the use of his invisibility Tora appeared sitting on the chair next to Aika's table.

She was laughing harmoniously with Ikuma and after staying there for one whole minute his presence wasn't noticed by anyone.

"Nope... You were just hallucinating." He appeared back beside the blond.

Reita's hand turned into fist. "My turn."

He appeared at the same place where Tora sat. He didn't wait that long when her smile slowly faded and her attention on Ikuma's story was taken away by something. Aika's eyes traveled away from the ash blonde to the spot where Reita was but before their eyes could meet, he hurriedly disappeared.

"Wow.... That was weird and - Creepy." Tora said when Reita appeared back beside him.

He tilted his head to the blonde. "Creepy... Heard me?" He laughed raucously at his own joke.

"Something is wrong." Reita stated as he once again stare at his mission, ignoring the laughing Devil beside him.

Tora tried to calm his self down. "Huh? What?"

"She looks confused...." The blond said, studying the expression of his mission.

"She should be confused!"

"No! She should be scared or startled. She should scream." He corrected.

"Why would she?" Tora bewildered.

Reita shifted his look at the puzzled Devil with him. "If she saw me then she should scream... She saw me disappeared... but she looked confused."

Reita exhaled, feeling desperate to solve the puzzle that his mission had given him.

"I'll visit again, next month." Ikuma said, walking Aika to her home.

She nodded and smile. "Just give me a call."

"I will." He smiled, moving his hand up to mess her hair.

Aika hurriedly stepped back, shoving his hand away. "Kuma!"

He chuckled before he ran ahead. "The one who loses will treat ramen!"

She smirked as she ran after him. "I won't lose!"

"Reita..." someone called at his back when he was about to turn to another street.

Ryoga, his best opponent walked to him with a friendly smile on his face. "Haven't seen you in a while..."

Reita nodded. "It's been a while..."

"How's the new mission?"

"Working on it." He answered casually.

The Devil smirked as he continued to walk ahead, passing him. "See you around."

Reita followed a puzzled look at him, Ryoga was never that enthusiastic when they happen to see each other. And the strange friendly respond of him was too odd for the blond to ignore.

As days continued, Reita noticed something strange about her. There was only one thing to find out why and that was breaking one of their rules.

"ARE YOU CRAZY?!" Tora shouted at him.

"Maybe, Probably." Reita murmured, continuously walking ahead.

The brunette shook his head rapidly but still following the blond. "What if Master finds out?"

"He wont. Unless you'll tell him." Reita fought a smile.

Tora rolled his eyes. "Yeah. Yeah. I'll tell him as soon as we got back."

He stopped his step when he saw a guy in white at a distance; his eyes looked away in a hurry.

"Guardian." Reita called out looking straight at the winged creature.

Tora nudged the blonde's arm. "Lower your voice!" He whispered.

Clueless; the Angel faced Reita, and then a smile formed on his lips. "Devil."

"I have something to ask." He said without delay.

"Hnn?" the Angel waited. Its wings flipped close at his back.

"If a human doesn't have a guardian anywhere near her, what does it mean?"

"Free Human."

"Free human?" He repeated the word he heard for the first time.

"When a guardian leaves their human it means only one thing; that the human is near to their death, how or when they're destined to die." The Angel elaborated.

"WHAAAAAT?!" Tora shrieked, realizing he just reacted to an Angel he hurriedly cleared his throat and looked away. "Hnnmmm.."

"She's going to die?" Reita asked in wide eyes.

"Soon."

"Reita... stop asking already..." Tora called in murmur, trying to remind the other Devil of what he was not allowed to do.

The angel before them scoffed. "What? Your master sent you to kill her even if she's already a free human?.. Disgusting creature." The Angel mumbled his last sentence.

Tora's hand turned to fist, his jaw locked together in place, and his red eyes were glaring straight at the angel.

"Tora... calm down." Reita warned after grabbing his friend's arm then he turned to nod at his enemy. "Thanks."

The angel smirked and his wings opened wide again. He looked up then wind started to whoosh at his spot and in a second he was gone.