Chapter 16 : Fallen Confession

"He was with you last night and you didn't tell me?!!" Reita shouted when they arrived at the school's rooftop; fully infuriated by the fact that Aika didn't tell him that part last night.

Aika wanted very much to go back down and hunt her friends and scream at the top of her lungs. When she got inside their classroom earlier she was suddenly bombarded with questions about Ryoga and what happened with them last night when they part ways.

Of course, Reita heard all that and now he was totally angry about it. She never wanted to hid it from him, but when she told him about Kei, he was already too anxious and mad that adding Ryoga on the list would not be any of a help.

Thinking about it too when she had time, she recalled everything in her head and as she process them, she came up with a conclusion that Ryoga came back because he was trying to save her from the other Devil. He saved her.

Last night wasn't that chaotic, specially when Reita came back. Reita came back. He helped her calm down and brought her almost lost sanity back. What happened last night with him was something unexpected, she wasn't sure what was it but after she told him about her complicated family story she felt him very protective of her, that when he pulled her into a hug she felt automatically calm. Reita's presence makes her feel safe, no matter what. And as he kept his arms around her last night she felt something grew for him, something she wasn't sure possible, something she wasn't sure he could feel the same.

"Ryoga saved me."

He shook his head, turning his back at her as he walked to lean on the cement divider. "You said you ran away from Kei."

"I ran away from Ryoga." She answered almost a whisper.

He snapped his attention back at her, confusion crossed his face not understanding the whole incident.

She cleared her throat and started to tell for Reita's benefit. "Ryoga came and watched a movie with us,"

"Hah, he even watched a movie with you." He huffed looking away, murmuring the sentence through his clenched teeth.

"When we were on the way back home, he suddenly disappeared, and this guy... Kei, appeared. He cornered me and Ryoga reappeared, I thought he was controlling him. But no, he said I'm his mission and that made Kei go away." She continued, looking down the ground.

"Ryoga. Did he do something?" There was a hint of annoyance and anxiousness in his tone.

"No... I got to ran."

Reita groaned and turned as he slammed his right fist on the metallic steel connected on the cement wall divider. Aika flinched and her breathing stopped. She watched him as he moved his unwounded hand down at his side, leaving a dent of his fist on the metallic steel. She could see the frustration in his face, she gulped.

"Reita, he saved me." Aika managed to say in a low tone.

"You don't know that Aika! He could've done something... He could've killed you!" He looked at her over his shoulder; his eyes were full of anger and desperation.

"N-" Before she could retort her phone vibrated in her pocket, she hurriedly reached down and flipped it open. Ikuma's smiling face was on the screen. She looked at Reita who was watching her in confusion then she turned around and took the call.

"Ikuma," She answered, trying to sound happy.

"Hey there pup!" The chuckling guy at the other line greeted.

"WHAT?!" she shouted louder than she intended.

"Whoa.. Someone's feisty."

Her shoulder sagged down and she sighed. Ikuma could really choose the right time to tease her. "What do you want Ikuma?"