Chapter 26 : Final Deal

Tears overflowed on Aika's eyes, she couldn't hide the relief feeling she had when she saw Reita as soon as she opened her eyes. He was fine; he had no injury anywhere that her eyes could see. For a moment she thought she was in heaven, then the pain slowly crept their way back to hunt her and remind her that she was still alive.

He carefully pulled the chains out of her wrists and feet then cradled her gently when she focused her eyes at him. "We have to get out. I can't transfer us if we're here." And swiftly he carried her with both of his arms out of the dark room.

They went straight down the dim-lit corridor and turned right to another dark alley. Reita could see the tall wide door with different black gems attached to it just a few more rooms away. If he could get pass through it, he would be able to transfer them to somewhere safer. But before he could step further his Master suddenly appeared in front of the door, blocking it with his body.

"What are you doing Reita? We finally have her here; you can now kill her just like the way you planned." His wide smile was mocking Reita.

He tightened his hold on her and glared at his Master. "Let us go. Let her go."

"Now, you know I can't do that. I went there to get her myself." He took a determined step forward, while Reita step backward. "You can't get her out of here Reita. Enough of your stupidity."

He lowered Aika down the floor carefully then turned to smirk at his Master. "You're making things pretty hard for me, Master." He emphasized the last word before slamming down his right fist onto the ground making a concave crack beneath his hand that snaked its way towards his Master's direction.

His Master swayed fluidly, avoiding the crack that was branching out, following him to where he goes. Reita found the opportunity to carry Aika and ran towards the door, kicking it with his left leg. When they got out he hurriedly transferred them into the first place he thought.

Aika could hear the singing of the birds around and the soft sound of the moving water a few distance away, she opened her eyes and the dizziness she felt earlier was slowing and she could now see things clearer. Reita was staring at her worriedly, his eyes scanned her face, her body then settled at her right leg that was covered with blood from her thigh. "I'm sorry."

"Not your fault..." She whispered, and this time her right hand moved as she wanted it to touch his cheek. "You came."

"I'm late." He held her hand tightly, staring back at her eyes.

She tried to shake her head but it wouldn't move. "Just in time."

Suddenly Reita stiffened and zeroed his eyes at his left. "Damn it!" He cursed silently and hurriedly helped her to get up to her feet. She groaned when she put some pressure on her wounded thigh.

"I have some of her blood, Reita. You can't hide her from me." His Master's voice echoed through out the wild.

Reita pulled her to him and in an instant they were suddenly in a crowded city where the moon was beaming. He tried to hold her as tender as possible and closer without him hurting her even more as they walked through the crowd. People were looking at them while they pass, eying them dubiously. They weren't that far when Reita could feel his Master's presence near them and he did the first thing he thought. He pulled her close to him once again.

Aika felt the cold weather and bright lights before she opened her eyes, roars and beeps of cars followed her senses. She looked around wildly agitated, her eyes widened when she found herself at the center of a busy road without Reita at her side. It happened too fast that when she took a step forward and turned her attention to her left she was nose to nose with a bumper of a moving truck inching closer to her every second then everything went black.