Chapter 9 : Sleeping Disorder

Ryoga was pushed back to the wall forcefully but there was visible grin on his lips; Reita got the neckline of the other Devil's shirt in his tight hand. Eye to eye their red eyes glared at each other.

"Didn't I tell you not to go anywhere near her?" The blond snarled at the brunette.

"I can't help it." Ryoga answered calmly.

"Once again, I'm warning you Ryoga. If you talk with her again I swear I-"

The brunette snorted before forcefully shoving the blonde's hand away from him.

"Tell that to her. She's the one who's following me in the first place."

Reita's eyes widened in surprised.

Ryoga brushed his crumpled shirt with his hand before he walked away.

"Now if you'll excuse me. I still have a mission to kill."

The blond leaned against the wall; his eyes stared down at the ground. Reita could still feel the aftermath of his sick bravery to remain in the humans.

He rushed his self back to hell this morning, when he could feel his energy almost drained; lessening more of his strength by staying in his human form. Yet he couldn't blame his self; he had to find her, see her perhaps, and make sure she was fine. After he stayed almost four straight days at the human world in that form, he could feel the pain it caused.

No Devil could stay in human world in their human form for five days unless they wanted to take suicide. It was one of the ways a Devil could be killed. Only three things could kill them. One was the powers of the Winged Creature; Second, the powers of their own kind and lastly the drain of their energy by staying in the human world. It was something like sucking the life out of them, slowly; it felt like there's an invisible vacuum beneath the surface of the earth. Pulling them, draining them, sucking them into a vast of nothingness.

Determined, Reita was about to teleport back to the human world when Kouki stopped him by his shoulder.

"You can't! You know you still have to recover. You lost a lot of energy. Well, almost all of your energy." The corned haired Devil supported him to the carved wooden chair near them.

Reita's lips were little parted, he groaned silently. "I have to see her."

"You have to kill her." Kouki reminded with a straight serious face.

He glared up at the Devil through his lashes about to retort but he suddenly felt the pain on his chest and he grunted loudly, clasping the part of his shirt near his heart.

"What brought you here?" Aika asked Ikuma, breaking the silence between them.

"My group held a meeting near here then I decided to pay you a visit. Very gentleman of me right?" He grinned down at her.

She couldn't help herself but to laugh. "What am I gonna do without you."

"Forever avoiding male species, maybe?" The ash blond teased her again and they laughed together.

After they savor themselves into a bowl of spicy and tasteful noodles; the two headed to her apartment, stopping when they reached the gate.

Ikuma smiled warmly at Aika and pulled her into a tight hug. "You gonna be okay?"

She smiled on his chest and nodded. A little prick on her heart started to hurt her when she remembered her brother. She missed him so much at the moment. Her brother wasn't as sweet as Ikuma but every time she sees this guy she would always be reminded that once in her life she had an older brother who protected and loved her.