Chapter 7 : Paralyzed Caress

"WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU YESTERDAY?" Aki asked Aika when she went in their classroom.

The room was half full already yet the popular guy amongst girls was still not there yet.

"I was tired..." Aika excused, sitting down after she placed her bag down the desk.

The curly brunette made her way through the crowd of their classmates and frowned when she sat down beside her.

"You made me worry yesterday." Oru said, her eyes were full of concern.

"Sorry..." She mumbled. She saw the blond entered the classroom and his fan girls automatically screamed; greeting him or calling out his name and even escorted him to his seat but he didn't say anything, like he was deaf even though the girls were screaming his name in full caress.

Aika bowed her head down not wanting to share any look with him. She reached out her notebook and started to doodle on its back. Endless, senseless scribbles and loops. She then saw the heart shaped stamp at the back of her wrist and remember having a hard time to erase it with soap and water this morning, unfortunately it wont. She pulled her sleeve up, hiding the little remembrance Ryoga left. Heat suddenly radiated on her cheeks and a smile lingered in her lips.

"Do I have to know something?" Oru tease and there was excitement in her voice. She smiled after shaking her head and started to doodle again.

Lunch time and she knew she had to give the bento to the blond. After taking the plastic box with her she finally reached the metallic door of the rooftop hesitating to open it. She inhaled deeply, putting her anger aside and hope for a brighter day; she pushed the door open and found him sitting on the long wooden chair. His elbows were resting on his knees as he stared at the ground, completely engrossed on what he was thinking. She took steps to reach him, stopping a few feet away.

The blond traveled his eyes up to hers, they held each other's gaze for a moment of silence; figuring each other out. There was no trace of anger in her eyes nor in his yet there was something striking, dark beneath it. He took a deep breath, still holding her gaze and then his head bowed down.

"Where did you go last night?" He asked in a firm, dark tone.

Last Night? Not, yesterday?

His question took her by surprise and annoyance flushed in her suddenly.

"I didn't know my nightlife is now a public property to let anyone know anything about it."

He snapped a glare at her. "Just answer me! Where did you go?"

She took a step back. "Why would I answer you? After what happened yesterday you really expect me to answer?"

Reita's brows ceased, his eyes shut down as he took a deep breath then exhaled audibly and stood up. His dark brown eyes snapped from the floor to her brown eyes.

"I'm sorry." There was sincerity in his voice, screaming from its calmness.

Her heart skipped a beat. And another and another. "Okay..." She murmured, bowing down her head.

"Will you tell me now where you went?" He asked, careful of his tone.

She nodded, surprised by the sudden change of tone of his query. "Clubbing."

His eyes widened with a stitch of his brows, his eyes were angry, his lips parted.

"Damn it, Aika!" He hissed under his breath, facing his angry face away.

She gasped and realized her jaw fell down. Her other hand formed into a fist and the other held the bento box tightly. "Why do you wanna know so much? It's actually none of your business! And how did you know that I wasn't home?"