The Night After

Peter's Phone POV:
Trigger Warning: Slight description of Injury
Word Count: 1,777
A/n: There's going to be a longer author's note at the end so I just wanted to say Hi here : )

*One missed call from Aunt May @ 7:22 a.m.*
*Two new messages from Aunt May @ 7:23 a.m.*
*One new message from M.J.♡ @ 9:44 a.m.*
*Thirteen new messages from Nedtastic @ 11:22 a.m.*
*Four new messages from THE Iron Man @ 12:12 p.m.*
*Peter opens phone at @ 12:36 p.m.*
*Peter opens messages from Aunt May*

Aunt May: Hey, I figured you might still be sleeping. Make sure you change your bandages when you wake up. I left you some of those super strong meds that Tony gave you on the counter with a glass of water.
Aunt May: Oh, and speaking of Tony, I called him before I called you. I know you didn't want him to know, but he needs to. I hope you're not mad. I love you, Peter. Have a good day and get lots of rest. Call me if you need me.

*Peter closes messages with May and opens message from M.J.♡*

M.J.♡: You missed decathlon practice this morning and you aren't here. Everything okay?

*Peter closes message with M.J.♡ and opens messages from Nedtastic*

Nedtastic: where are you dude?
Nedtastic: you're gonna be late for decathlon.
Nedtastic: M.J. says she doesn't know where you are. where are you?
Nedtastic: dude, school is starting in, like, two minutes. did you sleep in again?
Nedtastic: oh my god, did you die on patrol last night?
Nedtastic: no news is saying you died on patrol last night but i know how well you hide injuries. you could have hid your death too.
Nedtastic: i told M.J. i thought you were dead and she told me to stop being dramatic.
Nedtastic: she texted you too.
Nedtastic: lunch starts in like a half an hour and you still aren't here.
Nedtastic: i texted may and she said you were sick today.
Nedtastic: why didn't you tell me?
Nedtastic: want my Lola to make you some soup?
Nedtastic: hello???

*Peter closes messages with Nedtastic and opens messages from THE Iron Man*

THE Iron Man: kid youre aunt told me what happened why didn't you call me
THE Iron Man: she said youre still sleeping but we are definitely having a talk about this when you get up
THE Iron Man: when youre feeling better youre gonna need to bring your suit in karens about to get some upgrades
THE Iron Man: text me when you wake up or else ill have to fly out there and make sure youre alive

*Peter closes messages with THE Iron Man and calls Aunt May*

"Hey, Peter! You're awake! How are you feeling?"

"I feel like I've been hit by twelve buses that had twelve buses inside each of those twelve buses."

"So not great?"

"Am I supposed to feel this bad?"

"Well, it's not uncommon. Did you take the medicine I left you on the counter?"

"Not yet. I haven't even gotten out of bed yet."

"Well, try the medicine and if you still feel like you've been hit by however many buses, we'll see about calling Tony and having you get seen or something."

"I don't need seen."

"Peter... I don't know why you feel the need to hide this from Tony."

"I just... I don't know. I don't want him to see me as some weak link. Or something."

"Oh, Pete, sweetheart. He doesn't see you like that."