Dumpster Dive

Third Person POV:
Trigger warning: Broken bones/Graphic injury/Injury described in detail
Word Count: 2,738
Spooktober 2022 Day Four: Bones

"Oh, Tony is so not going to be happy about this," Peter groaned quietly as he looked down at his leg. Peter had been trying really hard lately to stay out of trouble. For the most part, he had been. He hadn't done anything super risky on patrols. He made sure that the fights he was getting into were minimal in damage. He got home in time. He didn't patrol for too long. Really, he was doing his best to just stay out of Tony's hair. He was still recovering from the snap. He was mostly healed, yes, but that didn't mean he still wasn't recovering. On top of that, he had another kid to take care of. His actual kid. Therefore, he had really been doing everything he could to prevent Karen from calling Tony.

That was, until tonight. One misplaced web and a run into a brick wall that followed by him falling onto a dumpster at a weird angle was all it took. Now he was staring at his leg, which was bloody. He knew it was broken. He could tell. How could he tell? He could see the bone. He could literally see the bone sticking out of his leg. It was taking everything Peter had not to lean over and throw up. The injury looked absolutely disgusting and he knew that he couldn't get away without medical help. Hell, he'd probably have to get operated on. The bone of his leg was literally peaking out of his leg. And it hurt. It hurt a lot.

He was conflicted. He really didn't want to call Tony right now, especially since he was hours away at the lake house, but May was out of the country with Pepper. Technically, Peter was supposed to be driving out to the lake house right now to stay with Tony. He was supposed to stay the weekend out there. May had been gone for two days, but Happy had been checking up on him. Now, since the school week was over, he was supposed to go hang with Tony. He could call Happy, but he knew that the first thing Happy would do is call Tony.

"Damn it," he groaned to himself. He was actually excited about this weekend. While he hated feeling like he was bothering Tony and intruding on his new life, he loved it out there. On top of that, this was going to be his first big solo drive since getting his license. The only reason he didn't leave immediately after school was because he wanted to get some light patrolling in since he was going to be out of the city the whole weekend. He should have known better.

"Peter, it appears that you're suffering from a major fibula fracture. I'd suggest seeking medical attention. Would you like me to call 911 or Tony Stark?" Karen's voice sounded soothing yet so annoying at the same time.

Peter groaned again. "Neither, Karen. I'm fine." He was currently trying to figure out the best way to get up and swing back to his apartment. No reason to drag Tony all the way out here just for him to bring him back out to the lake house later.

"Neither is not an option, Peter. Would you like me to call 911 or Tony Stark?" He could hear the annoyance in Karen's voice. He heard the same annoyance in her voice that he heard when F.R.I.D.A.Y. was talking to Tony. That kind of made Peter want to laugh.

Sighing deeply, Peter did his best to stand up while avoiding any sort of movement of his injured leg. That didn't work very well and pain shot throughout his entire body. He fell back down to the ground in a huff, tears pricking his eyes. Damn it, his leg really hurt. "Call Tony," he said, defeated.

The call instantly started, the phone ringing in his ears. It wasn't even through the second ring before Tony's voice filtered through the suit. "Why are you calling me from your suit? Aren't you supposed to be on your way up here already." Tony didn't sound annoyed or upset. He sounded mildly concerned, but nothing too serious. He definitely was not ready for what Peter was about to tell him.

Part of Peter didn't want to tell him. He bit his lip, contemplating whether he should actually tell Tony or not. He knew that, eventually, Tony would find out. Whether he saw it for himself or Karen ratted him out would be the deciding factor. "I-" Peter's voice cut out. He cleared his throat, trying to prevent himself from crying. "You don't happen to have my insurance card, do you," he asked, trying to joke. It came out strained, but the joking tone was there.