The Other Boy

Day 15! Just about half-way through! I had a lot of fun with this one-shot, it's a bit more light-hearted than the romance stories (as much as I love those). -Colorado

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chat Noir had expected a lot of things from the identity reveal. He had expected him and Ladybug to grow closer. He had expected her to let him into her life and for her to be welcomed into his. He expected to introduce her to his friends outside the suit, maybe even his father.

He hadn't expected her to stammer and blush the moment she saw his face. He hadn't expected her (hoped, yes, but not expected) to be someone he already knew. And he hadn't expected for the identity reveal to change his feelings about her so drastically.

Because, to be frank, Chat Noir had decided to take Ladybug's advice and look elsewhere. Look to one of his very first friends, someone who is just as kind, as brave, as amazing as Ladybug. But it turns out, the two of them were the same person.

So here he was, his first love suddenly revealed to be the only other girl he ever loved. It was plain to see that she was the love of his life. Chat wanted nothing more than to sweep Marinette Ladybug Dupain-Cheng off her feet, but there was one major complication with his plan.

One Other Boy. That wasn't his name, of course. Chat Noir didn't know his actual name, maybe that would change since he knew who Ladybug was now. But you know what wouldn't change? His insurmountable jealousy he felt towards whoever held his Lady's heart. And you know what made matters worse? Apparently, he didn't love her back! He really wished he knew who this boy was, because he would very much like to give him a piece of his mind. He had run through all the options and had come up blank. It couldn't have been Luka, the only boy she's shown interest in, because they broke up forever ago.

So just who was it who was breaking his Lady's heart?

The thought had lingered on him all day. He had always paid special attention to Marinette, but now knowing she was actually his partner in disguise? How could he not be drawn to her? She was close to every guy in the class, she seemed to have a similar dynamic with all of them. No blushing, no flirting, yet one of them had to have her heart!

Adrien scowled as Kim laughed at something Marinette said. He really tried his hardest to not show his jealousy. He knew that Marinette was a person, not a prize to be won. She deserved to make the decision about who she loved all on her own. But that didn't change the longing in his heart, wishing that she had chosen him.

But even if she hadn't, what he had with her was special. He got to know her deepest, darkest secret. He got to see a side to her that no one else except maybe Alya saw. That had to count for something. So even if she didn't love him the way he wished she did, he was perfectly content being her best friend. She meant the world to him, and so did her friendship. 

But still, he really wished the Other Boy would wake up and ask her out already, or that she would move on. He just wanted her to not look so heart-broken.

So when he arrived to patrol that night and saw Ladybug slumped over, he already knew what was wrong.

"I'll happily kill him for you, you know." Chat Noir greeted, landing next to her. Ladybug let out a groan.

"Am I really that obvious?" She hid her face behind her hands.

"Only to me, bugaboo. But seriously, just tell me the guy's name and I'll take care of it." His tone was light, but his eyes were dead serious. Ladybug snorted.

"I don't think you'd be saying that if you knew who he was."

"I know that you've been in love with him for forever, and that he doesn't love you back. Which is an utter crime." Chat Noir nodded, pressing his shoulder to hers.