Kwami Swap

I'm going to be honest, I struggled hard with writing this prompt. I don't consume a whole lot of switched miraculousness media, so this was a bit of a challenge. Even so, I enjoyed writing it and I hope you all will too! -Colorado

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ladybug prided herself on having good ideas. From figuring out her lucky charms, to coming up with convoluted plans to protect her identity, having good ideas was simply part of her nature. Marinette, on the other hand, had no such pride in good ideas. Plans to ask out Adrien simply ended in disaster, plans to call out Lila only ended in fights, and her lies when it came to running off to be Ladybug were laughable at best and downright unbelievable at first.

So when Ladybug and Chat Noir had to take solace in the sewers, Ladybug proposed an idea that Marinette might've had too much influence on.

"The akumas powers involve tracking us down, right?" Ladybug explained, hoping that Hound Dog's hunting dogs hadn't found them yet. "So if we make them unable to track us down, we'd have a much easier time defeating her."

"What do you suggest?" Chat Noir asked, nearly out of breath.

"Why don't we switch miraculouses?" Ladybug proposed. "I can't be sure if Hound Dog tracks us by our miraculouses or by our scent, but it's worth a shot, right?"

Chat Noir fell silent. Ladybug bit her lip. The last (and only) time they traded miraculouses hadn't been great. Both of them had acted a bit too prideful and she had been a bit too harsh. But she believed in him, Chat Noir could wield the Ladybug miraculous no problem.

"Okay," Chat Noir eventually said, calling his transformation off.

"I believe in you, kitty-cat," Ladybug said, detransforming herself. She saw Tikki's panicked expression as she took her earrings out, but then gestured to the other side of the wall.

"On the contrary, My Lady, I believe you're the kitty-cat now," Chat Noir laughed, sending Plagg over to Marinette.

"And you're my bugaboy," she purred, already feeling a bit lighter. Hearing Chat Noir nearly choke was a reward all in itself.

"A little warning next time?" he wheezed, and called for Tikki to transform him.

"Fine, fine," Marinette sighed, exchanging devious glances with Plagg. This was going to be fun.

A few moments later, Lady Noire and Mister Bug were taking to the skies.

"We can't be spotted," Mister Bug said, already slipping into his Ladybug-mode. "I'd rather see if Hound Dog has lost our scent first." He glanced over at her, and Lady Noire sucked in a harsh breath. She knew that Chat Noir's eyes were green, but there was something about seeing them normally that made her feel a bit whoozy.

They looked so much like Adrien's eyes....

No! Bad Marinette! She couldn't be thinking about Adrien at a time like this, she had to keep her head in the game.

"We know the akuma is in the whistle, we just have to figure out a way to get close enough for me to destroy it," she grinned, flexing her claws.

There was something about Lady Noire that she grew quite attached to. It was almost fun, not having the endless responsibilities placed upon her. She could almost understand why Chat took to flirting during battle, almost. He still needed to work on his timing. But jokes were harmless, weren't they?

"Look!" Mister Bug sucked in a harsh breath, pointing at the street below.

Hound Dog had taken to finding any dog he could and with his whistle turned them into impeccable hunters. It would have been funny seeing an army of Shi Tzus and Pugs roaming the streets if their eyes didn't scream murder. The assorted dogs looked over the street, sniffing the sewer cap the two had fallen down. All at once the dogs stopped.