Sacrifice

You know, as much as I love fluff, some angst in this series is far overdue. Enjoy~ -Colorado

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It all happened so fast. One moment there was Chat Noir, giving her that same reassuring grin even though he was about to detransform. The next moment the akuma,Tyrant, shot one of her beams towards them. Chat had reacted quicker than she could. He pushed her out of the way and then-.

He was gone.

Ladybug bit back the cry that threatened to escape her. That stupid self-sacrificing cat. She was going to kill him once she brought down Tyrant.

Hawkmoth seemed to be having words with the akuma, giving Ladybug enough time to duck behind a chimney and call for her lucky charm. Chat had figured out the akumatized object was Tyrant's necklace. A fishing pole fell into her hands and Ladybug breathed out a sigh of relief. This was going to be easy, thank God.

She turned to face Tyrant, levitating over the street.

"Ah! There you are, Ladybug. Apparently I've already missed the opportunity to get Chat Noir's miraculous," she rolled her eyes, "but one out of two isn't bad!" She lunged towards Ladybug who jumped out of the way.

"What did you do with Chat Noir?" Ladybug cried as Tyrant turned around.

"Oh, you know, I just made him go to my kingdom." She had a diabolical grin on her face that made Ladybug gulp. "Everyone listens to me there, it's not like here where no one believes the truth!" She shot a beam at Ladybug.

Ladybug quickly got out her yo-yo, forming a shield and dodging the blasts. She could almost sympathize with the akuma, she knew what it was like to not be believed. But then she remembered Chat Noir disappearing in a flash of light.

"Now give me your earrings!" Tyrant lunged towards her again. Ladybug held her arms up, protecting her body as Tyrant hit her. Ladybug forced her back, beginning to run across the rooftop.

"You can run, but you can't hide," Tyrant called.

Ladybug ducked an outcropping. She just needed Tyrant to get in front of her. That's all she needed, then she would save the day and Chat Noir would come back. She held her breath as Tyrant passed her, somehow not bothering to check her hiding spot. But there she went, moving forward and calling out her name.

A grin came over Ladybug's face. She loved it when her plans worked, especially when those plans were simple. She grabbed her fishing pole, and prayed that her aim was as good as she thought it was. She flung the string forward, holding her breath as it sailed straight towards Tyrant. Almost, almost, there!

The hook curled itself around the back of Tyrant's necklace. Ladybug pulled the string back, the necklace breaking in half. She watched as Tyrant disappeared in a shroud of purple bubbles as an akuma fluttered out of the necklace. Ladybug sprang into action, catching the young girl who had been Tyrant and placing her on the street. She then turned towards the akuma, de-evilizing it and sending a perfect white butterfly off into the sky.

She threw the fishing pole up in the air, calling for her cure. She watched as Ladybug's flew around the city, fixing up the damage and returning people. It was always a miraculous sight to see. Ladybug smiled at the thought, Chat Noir must be rubbing off on her. And speaking of Chat Noir...

Ladybug glanced around the city street, looking for him. She hadn't strayed too far from where he disappeared, he should've been right there! But he wasn't. The only people waiting for her were the slew of journalists and reporters hungry for a scoop. Ladybug tried to answer their questions the best she could, but the rising panic inside of her was becoming hard to ignore. Where in the world was Chat Noir?