Candles

Gonna be honest, I had no idea what to do with this prompt for a little bit. So I decided to try my hand at writing an akuma attack. I'm still trying to figure out how to write action sequences, so I hope this isn't too clunky (even if there's not a whole lot of action here). -Colorado

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ladybug looked beautiful in the candlelight. The glow illuminated her face, illuminated the way her eyes sparkled as if they held all the stars in the night sky. Even when she was breaking his heart and telling him about another boy, she still looked beautiful.

Chat Noir hadn't dared to set up a romantic candlelit rooftop since then. It was still too raw, plus he was sure that Ladybug would give him the exact same answer. That being a big fat no. She was in love with someone else, he needed to get that through his head.

It was a shame though, because Ladybug really did look beautiful in the candlelight.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chat Noir looked different in the candlelight. He looked sweeter, vulnerable, as if he actually meant the sweet words he was telling her. And it turns out, he did. Ladybug had always thought he was just some flirt. A well meaning flirt, sure, but a flirt nonetheless. Then it turned out he was actually in love with her.

She remembered the way her heart fluttered as he approached her with that red rose. She had just broken his heart and yet the way he was looking at her was so sweet, Ladybug could feel her heart speed up. But she was in love with Adrien, and no amount of candlelit rooftops could change that.

Still, it was a shame though, because Chat Noir really did look different in the candlelight.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The night they saw each other in candlelight again had started out like normal. There hadn't been an akuma attack, so both Ladybug and Chat Noir were in high spirits. Patrol was less of an in-depth scour of Paris, and more of an excuse to run along the rooftops for an hour. She could tell with the way Chat smiled it had been a good day. He could tell with the way she laughed it had been a great day.

"You seem to be having a lot of fun tonight," he hummed as they came to a stop. Even with their extended stamina, there was only so much running they could do.

"Yeah, I guess I am," Ladybug mumbled, as if the thought hadn't occurred to her yet.

"It's nice, you deserve it," Chat Noir reassured her. "Seriously, if anyone deserves to have a little fun, it would be you."

"You're such a flirt Chat," she teased, but thanks to his night-vision he could see the faint blush on her cheeks.

"I only speak the truth, My Lady," he sang, grinning.

"Uh-huh, sure you are." Chat's grin only grew wider as Ladybug rolled her eyes.

"You doubt how genuine I am?" he gasped, placing a hand over his heart. "I can't believe this! My heart has been shattered into a million pieces. How am I supposed to move on when Ladybug has hurt me so?"

Ladybug only stuck her tongue out at him, a grin tugging at her lips.

"See! That's why everyone calls you overdramatic," she said, laughing.

"Yeah, but you love my humor," he teased, a light flutter going off in his chest. Then again, that flutter always seemed to be there when it came to Ladybug.