Chapter 23

Happy reading!

"It's been him this whole time," Detective Barber grumbles lowly. "I should've been more observant."

"Don't blame yourself, you had no idea that your partner was psychotic, insane and--" Bobby stops when Barber shoots him a glare. He raise his hands up in surrender, "Sorry, just saying."

Nic sighs as he straightens up from leaning over me. "Whether he's psychotic or not, we still need to be for sure that he's our killer," he says.

I look up to him in confusion, "This right here should prove that he's our killer, right?"

Nic shakes his head, "No, this is our evidence against him but we need to get a confession out of him."

Victor scratches his jaw, thoughtfully. He then perks up and turns to me, "Salene!"

I raise an eyebrow in question, "Yes?"

"When you had your encounter with him, didn't you say that he was blabbering about adultery and how he was 'cleaning' the world of them?" he asks.

The light bulb switches on in my head. "Yeah he did. You're thinking of setting a trap, ain't you?" I ask.

He nods, "All we have to do is lure him to you since you've already encountered him. We need you to look like the most sinful thing walking around town in plain view."

"Yeah I think that'll be-" I begin.

"No."

I turn to Nic with an incredulous look. "What do you mean 'no'?"

"It's too dangerous for you to do that. You're only a year old vamp," he says while giving me and intense glare.

"But--but you were the one to teach me everything I know! How can think I'm not prepared for this?!" I sputter to him.

"Because I said so, Salene."

Zion clears his throat, "Now Nic, I think that Salene is up for this-"

Nic cuts him a hard glare, "I didn't ask you."

Zion steps back while shrugging his shoulders, "I'm just saying."

I stand up and get all up in space. I cross my arms and look up to him, "Nic you have to believe me when I say that I'm ready for this. All of your training this past year didn't go to waste! I'm the only one who knows how to operate around him, so just let me do this."

Nic stays silent, with conflict sparking through his beautiful obsidian eyes.

Feeling myself blush, I step closer to him and place my hands on his cheeks. "Nic please. I promise to be careful, just like how you taught me. I just want this man off the streets," I whisper to him. I then lift up to my tiptoes and press a chaste kiss to his soft lips. I pull back and whisper against his lips while looking into his eyes, "I promise I won't let you down."

Nic takes a deep breath and wraps his arms along my waist and brings my body flush against his. Resting his forehead on mine, he gives a defeated sigh. "Fine."

I smile and give him another peck on the lips in thanks.

"Awe, you guys should be on a Lifetime movie. I can see it now, Love Untamed," Tyrick says with a smirk.

Nic and I roll our eyes and I hear Pam ask him, "Do you really watch Lifetime?"

"Hell yeah, those are the best movies," he chuckles to her.

"Who are you telling? Those movies should be in theaters," she says.

"Exactly. Why don't me and you watch them together sometimes? You know, have a movie night?" he asks her with a smile.

For the first time in my life of knowing Pam, I see her blush. She then shyly push her raven hair back and give him a surprisingly shy smile. "Sure," she says in a soft voice.

"Great," he says giving her a panty dropping smile.

"Alright," Detective Barber says while clapping his hands. "If you're all done with your romance scenes, lets go to your hotel and come up with the plan to get rid of this muthafucka."

With that, we all head out to our vehicles to head back to the hotel. One thing I couldn't help but notice though...

Was that I felt someone watching us the whole time...

~~~~~

Don't kill me! I know I'm very late with this update AND it is a very short chapter. I normally write a 2000 word chapter but this is only 700 :(. I have no excuses, I just simply didn't know what to write for a minute. But this is all I have in my head and the next update will be next week since I start back college on Tuesday. But until then, please comments or vote! Thank you!

Peace and chocolate!